Star Wars Minute 18: Bocce
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 26th, 2013.
Minute 18 of Star Wars: Uncle Owen disses C-3PO and Luke starts to complain.
- Starts with Aunt Beru giving Luke a message from the Tatooine Pit and leads us up to Luke complaining that he was going in to Tosche Station.
- Uncle Owen barters with the disgusting Jawas and is a jerk to C-3PO by asking him a trick question.
- Mark Hamill's acting, specifically his whiny delivery of "But I was going in to Tosche Station to pick up power converters!". Pete points out that Luke is supposed to be a whiny teenager at this point.
- Aunt Beru and the few (although always strong) women characters in Star Wars.
- Droid's servant role in the Star Wars universe.
- The utility and purpose of restraining bolts. Shouldn't droids just always follow orders / their programming?
- Lucas originally conceived C-3PO's personality as being like a used car salesman and this is on display in this minute when he is speaking to Uncle Owen. C-3PO is in his element here in terms of dealing with people. R2-D2 recognises C-3PO's efforts with a comical glance / head turn.
- The usefulness of a protocol droid - especially one that speaks Bocce - and an astromech droid on a farm.
- Star Wars Bocce sets (i.e. lawn bowling).
- Luke's character and his relationship to Owen and Beru is instantly established.
- How Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars thematically segue around the farm (Alex - "I hate to bring up the prequels").
- 12:42 podcast episode length.
- Alex tells a story about seeing the Special Edition ("Sorry, Pete") with Tricia and the whole audience saying AAWW! when Luke delivers his complaint line.
- Neo-natal care in the Star Wars universe.
- Alex: I think Natalie Portman's last words are, "Luke, Leia! Aaaaarrrckk!"