Star Wars Minute 1: A Period of Civil War
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
June 3rd, 2013 (debut episode).
Minute 1 of Star Wars.
- The 20th Century Fox Fanfare through the first paragraph of the opening crawl.
- Jedi Rocks.
- Pete's and Alex's first viewings of Star Wars and watching movies in the 1970s.
- The moment of hushed silence in the theater just before the logo and opening fanfare plays.
- The Star Wars civil war.
- The meaning of the opening crawl and what it all means, especially to kids.
- No reference to Earth in these movies.
- The one and only use of the word spaceships in the movie (in the opening crawl).
- 11:04 podcast episode length.
- Basic layout of the podcast provided.
- Using the original version of the film for this podcast.
- Special Editions and prequels mentioned. Pete is a recognized purist and, if it was up to him, Star Wars would only be this movie and none of the sequels, Special Editions or prequels. This leads Alex to saying a general sorry - not necessarily to Pete at this stage - for mentioning the Special Editions. (Note - this apology morphs over later episodes to the Sorry Pete running joke.)
- Doing all three of the first sequel movies is discussed.
- The original Skype call—the raw audio that became this episode—was aired in its entirety on SWM:WE.
- Alex: I wrote down a couple of things: "It's a period of civil war." Pete: Oh, we're not there yet. Alex: Oh. I'm sorry.
- Alex: BAM!
- Pete: C'mon, we're not going to hang out on the weekends talking about Star Wars.