Star Wars Minute 25: Moisture Farm
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 5th, 2013.
Minute 25: Obi-Wan Kenobi’s name comes up at dinner.
- Luke wants to go to the Academy (assumed to mean the Imperial Academy - see the cut scene below).
- Cut scene in which Biggs has just come back from the Academy where he was training and then recruited by the Rebellion just before graduating.
- If Luke ended up going to the Academy, would he have come to the attention of Darth Vader anyway?
- Luke's friend Tank and his eventual fate.
- Pattern on the ceiling of the Lars homestead (resembles Darth Maul's face).
- Filming occurred in Tunisia AND Death Valley, California (not just Tunisia as stated in previous episodes of the podcast).
- Parts or all of the Lars homestead were real dwellings in Tunisia at the time (e.g. a hotel).
- Ewan McGregor's 'around the world' motorcycling adventures and his visit to Tunisia and the homestead.
- Moisture farming, what it involves and what it might be for.
- Treadwell in the background of the scene (looks like "a pair of binoculars on a stand" or "a very minimalist version of Wall-E").
- Star Wars radio drama and its use of dialogue from the movie (including cut scenes).
- The mystery of C-3PO's silver leg and the back story on why it was never dipped in gold.
- The existence, and value, of gold in Star Wars.
- Why the Lars purchased C-3PO and R2-D2 to help with moisture farming.
- The risk of losing the Death Star plans and Leia's message if R2-D2's memory had been erased by Uncle Owen.
- Uncle Owen's true motivations in stopping Luke from leaving the homestead.
- Bringing Luke back to Tatooine (his father's home planet) and keeping the name Skywalker even though they're trying to hide him.
- WALL-E was "voiced" by our very own Ben Burtt
- Alex makes excellent droid sound impersonations in this episode.
- Alex: Part 2 of lunch with the Lars's!
- Alex: Asked ironically "They build a rebellion against the Empire?" Pete: "They do."
- Alex: Darth Vader chatting to Luke "Wow, what a coincidence! I used to live on Tatooine myself."
- Pete: "[C-3PO] would be sitting there sounding like a modem" (when programming the moisture evaporators in binary).