Star Wars Minute 32: Old Man Hair
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 16th, 2013.
Minute 32: Ben doesn’t seem to remember ever owning a droid.
- R2-D2 remembers C-3PO just before they all get into the Landspeeder and take off.
- Ben's line "I haven't been called Obi-Wan Kenobi since, oh, before you were born" is clearly a lie based on the prequels.
- This minute provides an insight into C-3PO's one true fear - his total and utter destruction.
- Ben's language about never owning the droids is very obtuse. "I don't SEEM to recall ever owning a droid."
- The high quality of Alec Guinness's acting / performance, especially the humorous lines in this sequence.
- Alex thought the Ben Kenobi scenes were boring when he was a kid (and maybe even now!).
- The first dismembered limb is in this minute - C-3PO's arm.
- C-3PO doesn't lose any limbs in ROTJ. (Alex is frustrated by "that lack of attention to detail" - i.e. C-3PO should lose a limb in every movie in the first trilogy.)
- Question from Gaz - Is the term 'Sand people' racist to the Tusken Raiders? This is the first time this topic - now famous in the Star Wars Minute universe - was ever discussed in the podcasts. Credit to Gaz Gretsky.
- What did the Tusken Raiders actually want with Luke and the Landspeeder? Food, perhaps?
- If Ben, Luke and R2-D2 did forget C-3PO and just left in the Landspeeder, how far would they go before they realised they had left him behind?
- R2-D2 appears to talk a lot when there is no-one (C-3PO) around to translate. What is he saying? Alex thinks he is doing commentary. Gaz thinks he's talking to C-3PO - either in his head or by Wi-fi.
- Does Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi recognise R2-D2 as 'R2-D2' or just another astro-mech droid?
- Alec Guinness wearing a wig / hair-piece / toupée in the movies. But is it the actor or the character wearing the hair-piece? See SWM-Canon#Obi-Wan's vanity.
- The high quality of the camera long shot of the group from between two rocks up on a hill or cliff. Adds to the sense of being in the desert, in the middle of nowhere. Conveys the feeling really well.
- 13:31 podcast episode length.
- Episode contains the first (literal) instance of Sorry, Pete.
- Gaz: In response to Ben's "...before you were born" line - "I imagined a next scene in episode 3 of like 'Oh, look, it's Luke and Leia' and Ben is like 'Call me Ben from now on! Ben! I'm Ben!'"
- Pete: One arm on the floor.
- Pete: I just thought they were raiders and had tusks - hence the Tusken Raiders.
- Pete: ...like, 'Obi-Wan Kenobi? I wonder if he means Old Man Hair?'