Star Wars Minute 3: Did You Hear That?
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 5th, 2013.
Minute 3 of Star Wars: Pan down to Tatooine, Star Destroyer pursues blockade runner and Rebels prepare for boarding.
- The greatest opening scene in any movie ever.
- First appearance of R2-D2 and C-3PO in film.
- First spoken line in film: "Did you hear that?" said by C-3PO.
- The detail on the models used in Star Wars.
- How the Star Destroyer came to be chasing the rebel ship - linked to the rebels scoring their first victory (referred to in the crawl).
- The chase up until this point.
- The second, silver protocol droid that is with R2-D2 and C-3PO and then turns off never to be heard of again (although it may appear in the prequels).
- The life-span of a droid.
- The Blockade Runner spaceship and how Leia ended up utilizing it.
- Princess Leia always trying to win her father's approval.
- Was Leia going to Tatooine to pick up Ben, or were they just passing by? There is competing evidence in the movie.
- A range of thoughts about C-3PO. Alex makes the case that he's not just annoying - there's much more to him than that.
- Comparing C-3PO to Jar-Jar Binks.
- Adult observations of this movie. Pete - Either they're on-board or walking out by the end of minute 5.
- The fast pace of the movie and the understated nature of the exposition.
- Collecting Star Wars toys.
- 13:01 podcast episode length.
- Pete says something along the lines of "perhaps Leia joined The Rebellion because she herself was rebelling" which is very close to a line / sentiment in the Rogue One trailer (July 2016).
- C-3PO also has the last spoken line in Episode 3 - on the same spaceship in the same spot.
- Alex: Jazz Singer moment: You ain't heard nothing yet!
- Pete: Minute 3 is pretty strong.