Star Wars Minute 40: Blame the Sand People
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
July 26th, 2013.
Ben and Luke find the wreckage of a Sandcrawler.
- The attack on the Jawas and their Sandcrawler is considered in more detail.
- Luke calls the droids "the robots" in this scene.
- Luke speeds home in fear of an attack on his home.
- The culture of the Tatooine desert and 'who attacks who' in the normal course of business.
- Can Jawas fight off Sand people and other attackers? If so, how and with what weapons?
- The possible death of Pete The Jawa.
- Why does the Empire even bother framing the Sand people? What's the point and how did they do it?
- Possible links between a) The Empire framing the Sand people and b) Annakin's (Vader's) hatred of the Sand people from the prequels when they kidnapped his mother.
- The conspiracy theory that it was actually Ben that attacked the homestead and the Sandcrawler to encourage Luke to leave Tatooine with him.
- The way the Ben / Obi-Wan character changed in the scripts over time.
- Ben's feeble attempts to stop Luke from speeding back to the homestead.
- Luke driving the Landspeeder.
- Languages spoken by Stormtroopers and their possible utilisation of the Death Star droid.
- How the Stormtroopers work out which droids they're looking for.
- Left to right camera wipe in the Landspeeder scene.
- Small talk between Ben and the droids when Luke speeds off.
- Thanks to Damon for being on the podcast this week.
- 16:25 podcast episode length.
- Alex: "Here's a question..." leading to the usual can of worms when Alex asks a question.