Empire Minute 10: That Jedi Body
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from The Empire Strikes Back 10)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 24th, 2014
General Rieekan straightens up from a console at Han’s approach.
- Not counting force choking, this is the first use of the force for telekinesis
- Filmed on location in Norway
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Ryan in Rochester, NY
- As a kid he thought Luke Skywalker's name meant he could hang upside down from the ceiling like a bat
- Discussion of Luke's decision making fleeing from the cave
- In the early draft, Wampa and Rebel caves connected
- Spoiler alert: more limbs get cut off in the future
- More detail on lightsaber-related injuries
- How did Luke learn telekinesis
- Mentioned: the Brackett draft
- Referenced: Bette Davis Eyes, Land of the Lost, Bewitched, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Wampa Columbo
- 20:48 podcast episode length.
- Pete's dislike of the "mystical" Force may be a precursor to his later theory that the Force does not exist
- When Star Wars was released, Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness were both 63 (Cushing turned 64 the day after). When this SWM episode originally aired, Harrison Ford was 71 and Mark Hamill was 62.
- Alex: ... and while you cut off your host's arm, killing them would be rude.
- Jackie: I'm sorry, were you going to kidnap me and glue me to the ceiling with your spit? Please don't do that.
- Pete: I'm gonna eat you! I'm gonna eat you!
- Alex: Get on it, Norway.