Empire Minute 99: It's A Trap!
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from The Empire Strikes Back 99)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 29th, 2014
Luke turns to see Leia, Chewie, Threepio, and Lando being herded down a second hallway by several other stormtroopers. Leia turns just in time to see Luke.
- Starts with Luke poorly skulking around Cloud City, and ends with Leia telling Luke "It's a trap."
- Lt. Sheckil (played by Jeremy Bulloch).
- Lobot's second big scene (and big music sting).
- Does Artoo have any other volume setting? It seems like he only has "loud"
- Artoo keeps repeatedly bumping into Luke's leg (much like an "overexcited" dog).
- Luke can't understand what Artoo is saying. Why can't you make a talking astromech?
- Is that the same blaster as Han has? (see below)
- The "Carbonite Room" is a fabulous club that Alex got kicked out of once.
- Are the stormtroopers using Leia to lure Luke into the carbon freezing chamber?
- Mentioned: Deck Officer
- Leia screaming "It's a trap!" isn't as funny as when Ackbar says it.
- Since Ackbar is a puppet, you could dub in whatever you want over his line.
- Referenced: Kermit from the Muppets.
- OK, so it's a trap, what is Luke supposed to do differently?
- Pete's favorite surprise backstory is (no surprise) BoShek.
- He is Force-sensitive, he made the Kessel Run, and ended up with some monks for a while.
- Mentioned: Ben Kenobi is a killer. Other Jedi causing genocide on Tatooine.
- Lobot is the "assistant TO the administrator".
Pete shares that around when the Special Editions came out, he ate a bunch of Doritos to collect the promotional Pogs. He often got the one of Lobot opening his eyes, but eventually he did collect them all. At a certain point, he would open the bag, check the Pog, and then just throw out the Doritos because he'd eaten so many that summer.
- Brief rundown of Lobot's tortured backstory.
- 21:55 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: Thanks for the donations from Thomas, John, and Thomas.
- First mentioned of the "Roll Call of Heroes" although this is different from the current incarnation.
- The monks that BoShek hung out with were in fact Dim-U monks who worshipped (of all things) Banthas.
- Meredith: Why would they build a navigation droid that can't speak English? Alex: *Shushes her*
- Meredith: Stop taking off your clothes around Han Solo in carbonite.
- Alex, then Meredith, then Pete: (doing an Ackbar impression) It's a trap!
- Alex: orange powder poisoning.
- Meredith: Is he [Lobot] thinking "kill everyone today" or is he thinking "do... chores"?