The Force Awakens Minute 2: Peace and Justice
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 13th, 2018
Pan across the star field to a bright moon.
- Starts with a continuation of the opening crawl, and ends with a familiar-seeming shot of a ship in space and a planet.
- Jakku - first location name in the film.
- The Star Destroyer is the Finalizer.
- Referenced: "Help!" (Beatles song).
- Why does Leia need Luke's help in restoring peace and justice?
- Why isn't Leia running the Republic? She's more of a commander.
- The "old ally" on Jakku.
- "Going backwards to go forwards".
- Is this a planet or a moon?
- Thoughts about J.J. Abrams and his work, pre-Star Wars.
- This film borrows a lot from Star Wars but with clever twists on things.
- Putting the film in context.
- Only 3 other movies opened the same weekend as TFA.
- This was the first Star Wars movie not to open in May.
- Other film franchises that had movies that year. Overall it was an off-year.
- Star Wars crossovers with other properties. Mentioned: Alien.
- Rate, review, subscribe!
- 27:38 podcast episode length.
- Alex: I love alternate versions of things.
- Pete: The more we talk about popular movies the older I sound.