Phantom Menace Minute 16: Legs
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 16)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 14th, 2015
A long circular judge's bench filled with Gungan Officials dominates the room.
- Starts and ends pretty much in the same place: with Boss Nass conferring with the Jedi.
- Boss Rugor Nass
- Obi-Wan's "symbiont circle"
- First time the Jedi mind trick is used (episode order).
- "...de planet core".
- The other council members
- Rep Been
- Rep Lyonie
- Rep Slarm
- Rep Teers'
- Jar Jar is a former member of the council.
- Pete's issues with this minute.
- Boss Nass' accent and vocal tics.
- Referenced: Animal House
- How you would prepare Gungan meat, and what it would taste like.
- Like frog legs? Fried and battered?
- Boss Nass' personal history.
- Mentioned: Ring theory.
- Discussion of the "symbiotic relationship" between the Naboo and the Gungans.
- Why don't the Jedi use the mind trick on the Gungans more? They seem to be weak-minded.
- Qui-Gon thinks the Force is guiding him, and it couldn't go more badly for him.
- How far could they have pushed them using the mind trick?
- The rest of the Gungans don't react when Boss Nass says "planet core"
- Jar Jar's father George R. Binks.
- Support the show on all the social media sites, and by going to starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- 21:28 podcast episode length.
- This is the first time they've recorded Tony in person—normally it's over Skype.
- This is Pete's least favorite minute of the movie.
- Up to now he has been teasing that Jar Jar wasn't his biggest problem with TPM. Now we learn that Boss Nass is.
- "Ancora" is "more" in Italian, whereas Boss Nass' race is "Ankura".
- Unlike Orn Free Taa, who is just a fat Twi'lek, Boss Nass is actually a different race than his slimmer companions.
- Gungans are amphibious, according to Wookieepedia.
- First appearance of "Liverpudlian Obi-Wan"
- Pete: Jar Jar is the Ayatollah
- Pete: More Boss Nass please.