Phantom Menace Minute 50: It's Working!
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 50)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 29th, 2016
Anakin jumps into the little capsule behind the two giant engines.
- Starts with Anakin getting ready to test his pod, and ends with Qui-Gon getting ready to test Anakin's blood; it's a testy minute.
- Either Padmé, or Natalie Portman (or some combination thereof) looks genuinely disgusted to have to free Jar Jar's arm.
- Jar Jar's goofy thumbs up.
- "IT's WORKING!"
- Not in the script
- Shmi "smiles sadly".
- Reference to The Kersh.
- The power source seems awfully small to power a whole pod, but maybe it's just powering the electronics like in a car.
- Or maybe their technology is just that advanced.
- Qui-Gon using generic terminology.
- Referenced: The 1984 Slade album "Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply".
- The dropped storyline of tensions between the Naboo and the Gungans.
- Referenced: Boonta Eve, Ric Olié exposition.
- Midi-chlorians talk (to be continued in more detail next week).
Tony's Phantom Menace memories He took a day off work to stand in line to buy tickets. He saw it opening day, but not a midnight showing; he went at a reasonable hour. Thought it was cool overall the first time he saw it, though there were moments he didn't like, such as the two-headed announcer. His friend put the fear in his head that they would use a modern rock soundtrack, rather than the orchestral score of the Original Trilogy. Saw it 3 times, and then once in 3D. He was disappointed by the 3D.
- 16:48 podcast episode length.
- What bands were cool in 1998?
- Pete says he'll edit something out of the show.
- This is where the cut Greedo scene would go.
- Pete: ...we analyze, scrutinize, and "here use this power suppl-ize"...
- Pete: (singing) "Somewhere out there, some nerd is screaming." That's not a song. Alex: It is now.
- Tony: The GIF that keeps on giving.
- Pete: It's perfectly regal.
- Alex: (Facetiously) There's a podrace scene coming up? Well I hope it's short at least.