Phantom Menace Minute 71: Do The Jabba
From The Star Wars Minute Wiki
(Redirected from The Phantom Menace 71)
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 29th, 2016
Jar Jar gives Anakin a great hug, then Padmé gives him a hug, then Shmi.
- C.G.I. Jabba woken up by practical effects Bib Fortuna .
- Final appearance of Jabba, Gardulla, and Bib in this film.
- Clunker line "You have brought hope to those who have none" heard.
- Wald and Eopie slapstick.
- "Payoff" of grieving Tyerell family subplot.
- Discussion of CGI Jabba appearances and quality.
- Sleeping Jabba - some kind of meta commentary?
- Clunker lines might sound better delivered by Alec Guinness.
- Did Watto know that Qui-Guy is a Jedi, and if so why did he bet?
- Referenced: T.G.I. Friday's restaurant, Jordan's previous appearance (and stoned Jabba), Poltergeist, A New Hope vs. Star Wars.
- Mentioned: Star Wars Episode I racer game, Gasgano, Don't call them Sand People.
- 28:42 podcast episode length.
- This episode aired on leap day
- "Do the Jabba" is reminiscent of 'Moves like Jabba' (Maroon 5 parody), in which we get to see Jabba's sweet dance moves. Editor's note: the original video on YouTube has been marked as 'private' but other copies are available elsewhere on the internet.