Attack of the Clones Minute 13: A Mirror in the Laser Grid
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 13)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 30th, 2016
As Padmé sleeps, a probe droid approaches outside her window.
- Starts with Obi-Wan telling Anakin he looks tired, and ends with a courier droid peering in Padmé's window.
- Cut dialog: I don't know why I keep dreaming about her now. I haven't seen her since I was little.
- Referenced: the Japor snippet.
- It's been ten years, why hasn't Anakin gone back and freed his mother? Was it forbidden by the Jedi?
- Did they placate him with lies and/or fake letters?
- The Jedi are encouraged to stretch out with their feelings (Except love!)
- Flash forward to a future minute where Anakin talks about the loophole in the "you can't love anyone" rule.
- Another creepy Anakin line (twice in the space of a minute). You think this is as bad as it gets, but then it gets worse.
- Referenced: Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
- Anakin as a frat boy dudebro might actually work.
- More on the "What did George Lucas actually intend" train. The consensus is this is supposed to be romantic.
- Are we supposed to like Anakin as a character?
- Padmé falling for Anakin makes no sense because she is intelligent and respectable. What does she see in him?
- All of the Padmé's apartment scenes were crammed into just three days of filming.
- Referenced: Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars reviews from RedLetterMedia.
- More on the ASN courier droid.
- Is it modified from the usual courier model?
- Why does the droid stick around to get jumped on?
- Political talk
- Obi-Wan's position on political corruption comes as a bit of surprise. Maybe he's gotten more cynical over the years.
- Referenced: The recurring segment on Dana Gould's podcast "Political Talk With Two Guys From Boston".
- What is the Jedi position in relation to the government?
- How did the politics of the day influence George Lucas' script writing?
- What is R2 doing while he is in power save mode? Downloading updates.
- Follow STAR WARS MINUTE on social media.
- Rate the podcast iTunes.
- 22:18 podcast episode length.
- More on "the role of the Jedi" in the Republic can be found in the eponymous episode, or by going to Wookieepedia.
- Pete: He [Oscar Isaac] is a little dreamier, if I may.
- Pete: Disposable creepiness.