Attack of the Clones Minute 42: Blissex
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 42)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 10th, 2017
A brilliant white light. Obi-Wan pushes the soaking hood from his face.
- Starts with Obi-Wan approaching Kamino, and ends with Obi-Wan learning that he was expected.
- One of the few minutes in all of Star Wars where the female characters outnumber the males.
- Kamino is the first new planet of this movie (fourth planet pictured in the Prequels).
- Unnamed 'Star Wars '76' typeface.
- Mentioned: the Bechdel test.
- Integrated into the ship, as opposed to R2 Poofin' it earlier in the film.
- Obi-Wan shares a small human moment with his droid, which is rare for him.
- The Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor (like a Ford Taurus sedan).
- Evocative of a Star Destroyer, but also morph into TIE fighters and A-wings.
- Designed by Walex Blissex, who also designed the A-wing.
- Blissex has an extensive backstory, and it was later decided that one of the random extras in the ROTJ briefing scene was him.
- The inevitable Walex Blissex standalone film. Mentioned The Aviator.
- Kamino factoids.
- Every planet in Star Wars was based on a different environment, so it was time to show a water planet.
- Year 463 days long.
- 1 billion inhabitants.
- Tipoca City is the capital.
- The fantastic coincidence that Obi-Wan lands where they are expecting him. Similar to Luke finding Yoda on Dagobah.
- Luca's background as a northern California hippie-type.
- Taun We and the Kaminoans.
- Voiced by Rena Owen, who was also on set to provide eyeline for the actors.
- Kaminoan lifespan is comparable to our own.
- Originally going to all speak with androgynous voices, but this was dropped at the last second.
- The resemblance to Yarael Poof is why he isn't in this movie.
- What if he HAD been a Kaminoan (how weird would that be)?
- Sheev must hate long-necked aliens, since there are tons in the Prequels and none in the OT.
- Appearances of the Star Wars '76 typeface:
- TIE fighter pilot helmets.
- The display that translates Artoo for Luke.
- Zam Wesell's scope. Referenced: Futhark.
- 22:57 podcast episode length.
- Although Kamino's surface is completely covered in water, according to Wookieepedia the planet does have a molten core with a rocky mantle, much like the Earth.
- Though there are planets that are believed to have a much higher water content than the Earth (such as those in the Kepler-11 planetary system), there are no currently known planets that are composed entirely of water. However, it is theoretically possible, but due to extremes of temperature and pressure, a water planet would not appear like the planet Kamino, and would likely have a solid icy core. If large enough, a water planet might resemble the ice giants in our solar system, Uranus and Neptune, which have a thick atmosphere of ice and gas.
- Additionally, any planet that was pure water would have no magnetic field (which is generated by the metallic core of most planets), and so it would have no protection from solar wind, which would blow away the atmosphere over time.
- Joseph: I think you'll find I'm full of apologies.
- Alex: Ask your doctor if Blissex is right for you.
- Joseph: Sometimes you can't tell if your friends are talking about Star Wars or having a stroke.