Attack of the Clones Minute 82: Theories About Puppets
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 82)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 7th, 2017
His ARFOUR DROID beeps a happy greeting. OBI-WAN switches on his comlink.
- Starts with Mace Windu entering Yoda's meditation chamber and ends with Obi-Wan deciding to give Anakin a call.
- Plug for Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie and StarWarsMinute.com/Amazon.
- Absentee father figures.
- This Yoda is a completely different guy than the one we know from the OT. He has an arc.
- Yoda is all-CGI in this movie.
- Augmenting a puppet with computers.
- No one is acting with anybody else in this movie. Callback to Christopher Lee talking to himself.
- Paul hasn't seen Jumper.
- Ahmed Best was Yoda's stand-in (see minute 6).
- Paul has a bone to pick with Frank Oz.
- Yoda's room design is uninspired.
- All sets seem like people just moved in and haven't gotten settled yet and personalized their spaces.
- We don't want to see Jedi working in an office. They're literally meeting in an ivory tower.
- It may be intentional but it's not satisfying as a filmgoer.
- The sequel movies potentially redeeming the Prequels.
- Ewan Mcgregor is a solid actor. More Obi tomorrow.
- The Poe Dameron prequel books. The "Force tree".
- 23:07 podcast episode length.
- Unfortunately the SWM Amazon affiliate link is now defunct.
- For his appearance in The Last Jedi, Yoda was once again portrayed by a puppet.
- Pete: I think the Yoda that we see on Dagobah is like Al Gore with a beard.
- Paul: ...I have a lot of theories about puppets in movies...