Attack of the Clones Minute 94: Dellow Felegates
(Redirected from Attack of the Clones 94)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 23rd, 2017
PALPATINE nods. JAR JAR clears his throat.
- Minute 94 starts with Dooku briefly summarizing the plot of The Phantom Menace, and ends with Representative Binks proposing something to the senate.
- Blue Senate Guards.
- Jar Jar's big moment.
- Dooku telling the truth - how far does it go?
- Nute Gunray is still clueless. The character is a puppet (metaphorically as well as somewhat literally).
- Do we (the audience) know that Dooku is Tyranus and in league with Sidious?
- Is he sincerely trying to get Obi-Wan on his side or is he just trying to overthrow Sidious?
- We actually want to know more about his hidden motives because the acting is good. It's all about execution.
- Christopher Lee's Bond villain-esque delivery. Fitting, as he actually was a Bond villain.
- Obi-Wan doesn't seem to believe Dooku. Is this because of his (misplaced) faith in the council? His faith in his friends is his weakness.
- Obi-Wan is the most "by the book" Jedi.
- Dooku is becoming one of our favorite characters. It's a shame he had to die to make room for Anakin.
In the Senate
- Palpatine's long con. "Jar Jar is the key".
- The diminished role of Jar Jar following (as a result of?) the fan backlash.
- The Darth Jar Jar theory and Lucas' intentions.
- Jar Jar's mode of speech. Referenced: diplodialect.
- Check out the merch store: starwarsminute.com/merch
- 21:49 podcast episode length.
- The speech error that Jar Jar commits in this minute (where he switches the starting consonants of two adjacent words) is known as a spoonerism.
- Several pieces of merch on the Teepublic store feature Jar Jar, including SWM Prequel Trilogy, JarBreaker, and the left foot of the Star Warrior. Sadly, he has not done a "Jar Jar as a Sith lord" design yet.
- Chrysanthe: Speak your mind. Live your truth. Do it.