Attack of the Clones Minute 10: Implied in our Mandate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 25th, 2016
Obi-Wan gives Anakin a dirty look.
- Starts with Obi-Wan warning that they will not exceed their mandate, and ends with Jar Jar figuratively busting with happiness.
- More sitting and talking.
- Subtle and effective Jar Jar comedy?
- The most awkward line of dialogue (so far!):
- TGIF (Tony's glad it's Friday)
- Darth Jar Jar theory (be on the lookout!)
- Obi-Wan as a wet towel killing the momentum of the movie. Is he just a lazy employee? Or did the union rep come talk to him about exceeding mandates?
- Does Obi-Wan realize the "romantic tension" between Padmé and Anakin? He's a terrible wingman.
- He doesn't want them to be in a relationship because if they got married then he and Anakin couldn't be roommates anymore.
- Perceived love triangle was cut, but the skeleton remains.
- We think Anakin is creepy, but does George Lucas think that Anakin is a creep? Whose side are we supposed to be on here?
- Pete sides with Obi-Wan here because he is a stickler for rules.
- Mentioned: From a certain point of view.
- Anakin is a typical whiny teenager.
- Padmé said she would go retire so she could escape from Anakin.
- Jedi are too important for protection.
- Ring theory: not much so far.
- 23:27 podcast episode length.
- The rotational period of Coruscant is (boringly) 24 standard hours. Day length would of course depend on your latitude on the planet.
- Little did Alex and Pete suspect but the line: "Investigation is implied in our mandate" would go on to become a beloved quote on the SWMLS and a running joke here on the wiki.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/patreon
- Mentioned: David, David, David...
- Pete: ...we analyze, scrutinize, and Captain-Typho's-eyes...
- Tony: That's T-O-C-O— Pete: ...Bibble
- Tony: Annie-con is coming here to Phoenix. It's gonna be a big show.
- Tony: <hologram noises>
- Pete: We have to go monitor negotiations between Walmart and a planet.