Attack of the Clones Minute 133: In Front of My Mom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
May 17th, 2017
Count Dooku emerges and walks to where the hooded figure of Darth Sidious stands waiting.
- Starts with Count Dooku flying above The Works, and ends with the sun setting on Coruscant, and the republic, itself.
- Oddly, Palpatine and Sidious are never seen in the place at the same time.
- What does Vader mean?
- For the casual listeners: Sidious and Dooku are excited about starting a war because Sidious needs an excuse to build an army in order to subdue the galaxy.
- Dooku's leitmotiv
- The good messages of the movie are hard to pick out from the muck.
- The (non-) sadness of Stuart seeing this movie with his mom.
- 28:51 podcast episode length.
- Alex: Imagine a country using subterfuge to infer a reason to declare war and curtail everyone's civil liberties. I know, it's crazy and could never happen in real life.
- Dan: That's my impression of a person on the internet. Pete: Let the record show that you had your hand on your hip.
- Stuart: We're a hundred-and-thirty-odd minutes in, and they haven't mentioned midi-chlorians once! Alex: That's a good point! Stuart: I was sitting in the theater, on the edge of my seat, waiting for them to say something. Pete: You were wearing your midi-chlorians t-shirt...