Attack of the Clones Minute 18: This Is Where a Human Would Be Laughing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 7th, 2016
Huge electrical bolts shoot between the buildings as the speeders pass.
- Starts with Zam diving down in her speeder, and ends with Anakin and Obi-Wan being shocked by a power coupling.
- Callback to The Phantom Menace (gutsy move, George).
- Ring theory?
- Maybe this is supposed to be the asteroid field scene. That makes Obi-Wan || C-3PO.
- Ring theory?
- "I forgot" exposition.
- Referenced:Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Obi-Wan's nemesis: pink energy.
- Air vs. space travel.
- Anakin's maniacal laugh.
- It's not a human laugh, but he recognizes that this is where a human would be laughing.
- Blade Runner video game level.
- With the new digital technology, the human actors look worse than the CGI backgrounds.
- CG is designed to emulate model shots.
- Zam is not a great bounty hunter. She must be new, and Jango must be training her.
- Referenced: "Greased Lightnin'" from Grease (album version).
- Changes from the 2002 theatrical cut to the 2011 blu-ray.
- In theory, when you describe what the movie is about, it sounds like it would be good.
- Shoutout to former (and future) guest of the show Jacob Sirof.
- Respect to George Lucas making something unique that no one wants—rather than a slickly-produced crowd-pleaser.
- George needed one or more of the Unsung Heroes from the Original Trilogy to keep him in check.
- Plug for http://duelinggenre.com.
- Referenced: "Suicide is Painless", which was the opening theme for M*A*S*H.
- 34:45 podcast episode length.
- Back to the Future Minute was one of the first MxM shows in the mold of STAR WARS MINUTE.
- Other MxM podcasts name-dropped, as well as Tony Consiglio.
- Scott: (As Obi-Wan) Aren't you my padawan learner? (As Anakin) I sure am!
- Scott: The whole kitchen sink is in this movie