Attack of the Clones Minute 1: Unrest in the Galactic Senate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
November 14th, 2016
The 20th Century Fox theme and then A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away... and then the crawl starts.
- Glistening green Lucasfilm logo.
- Pete has seen this movie only twice in the theater, so watching it for the show is almost like watching a new Star Wars movie for him.
- The 20th Century Fox fanfare was part of "The Story of Star Wars" record, so Alex and Pete almost count it as part of the film score.
- The title
- It's silly, but it's also a neat throwback to old serial fiction.
- Hilarious video of Ewan McGregor finding out the name of the movie.
- Referenced: Moulin Rouge!
- Misleading, as we think we're about to be attacked by clones, and it's more the other way around.
- Mentioned: Ring theory
- The working title was Jar Jar's Great Adventure.
- Shameless plug for starwasminute.com/amazon
- First rough draft of the script finished shortly before filming began.
- Mentioned: Long time.
- 2002 pop culture context.
- Many popular shows canceled, though a lot of them have actually come back.
- Mentioned: NickelYak.
- 30:23 podcast episode length.
- Believe it or not, there is a "Logopedia", and according to them, Lucasfilm switched to the glistening green logo in 1997.
- Film shot at Fox in Australia
- First Star Wars film not shot primarily in the UK.
- Rick McCallum is actually German, not Czech.
- First Star Wars movie that wasn't #1 box office for the year.
- Finished 4th, behind The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (1st), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2nd), and Spiderman (3rd).
- It grossed $649 million ($861 million in 2016).
- Mulan was Chinese, not Japanese.
- This movie was shot in all digital HD (saving them $2.5 million on conversion costs).
- They built 70 sets (more than for TPM).
- Pete: Spoilers ahoy.
- Pete: We've gotten a lot of that [shows canceled in 2002] back, including our "Nickel-" unfortunately.