"Igor! Pull the switch!"
December 14th, 2016
Obi-Wan heads for the bar. Anakin blinks in surprise, then moves into the room, where alien faces look back at him with hostility, suspicion, and invitation as he moves among the tables.
- "This weapon is your life" line heard.
- "Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" line heard.
- Elan Sleazebaggano first appears.
- Achk Med-Beq is seen.
- Lunae Minx is very interested in Anakin.
- Played by Katie Lucas.
- Originally called Nabrina Smoo.
- Anakin's 'Igor moments'
- Mentioned: From a certain point of view.
- It's unusual (seeming) for a Jedi to put such value on a weapon.
- Referenced: Horcruxes from the Harry Potter novels.
|Jedi lose a lot of lightsabers
- Obi-Wan loses his (and his life)
|The Empire Strikes Back
- Luke loses his lightsaber (and his hand) in the duel on Bespin.
|Return of the Jedi
- Vader loses his hand and lightsaber in ROTJ.
|The Naboo movie
- Obi-Wan loses his in the duel with Darth Maul.
|Attack of the Clones
- Anakin's first lightsaber is destroyed on Geonosis.
|Revenge of the Sith
- Dooku loses his lightsaber, both his hands, and finally his head fighting with Anakin.
- Both Windu and (seemingly) Palpatine lose their lightsabers out the window during their duel, though Palpatine seems to have it again later when he fights Yoda. Yoda also loses his lightsaber in this duel.
- Referenced: Yarael Poof, Coleman Trebor.
- Callback to minute 49 of Phantom Menace.
- Heavy-handed foreshadowing in the Prequels.
- Elan Sleazebaggano/Sel'Sabagno's ears and antennae were changed in post-production. The actor didn't know they were going to do that until he saw the film.
- Discussion of Death Sticks.
- Mentioned: Can you come back tomorrow?
- 44:30 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from a recovering Death Stick addict asking for sensitivity when covering the topic, especially given that it's the holiday season.
- The sport being played in this minute is Nuna-ball, so called because the players would use a live Nuna as a ball.
- Wookieepedia lists materials that are resistant to lightsabers.
- Australia does not have constitutionally protected right to bear arms (such as the Second Amendment in the US). Gun laws are generally more restrictive in Australia than in the United States.
- According to Wookieepedia, Rancors do in fact come from eggs. This question was raised before during Return of the Jedi Minute..
- The lightsaber wielded by Anakin in this movie is his first. It is destroyed by the end of the film. He created a new one for Revenge of the Sith, which is the one Luke inherits, and was later recovered by Maz Kanata. Counting his red-bladed saber which he carried as Darth Vader, Anakin constructed three lightsabers in total.
- Steele Wars pick of the day is episode 78, with Justin Dix.
- Alex: We've never had any "gruntled" people.
- Steele: If you don't look after this [lightsaber] good enough, it'll never end up in the basement of some pumpkin-headed old lady.
- Steele: I definitely would regrettably purchase this movie.
Back to the list of episodes