Attack of the Clones Minute 2: The Role of the Jedi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 15th, 2016
This separatist movement has made it difficult for the limited number of Jedi Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.
- "The mysterious Count Dooku" first named.
- Amidala: no longer queen.
- ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC
- First time we pan up to see a planet in Star Wars.
- Solar systems? Shouldn't it be star systems? (See below)
- Mentioned: The Sehhhnate.
- More discussion of how systems are named and how they are represented in the Senate.
- Referenced: The guy from Malastare.
- Referenced: Lincoln (2012)
- What is the role of the Jedi in the Republic? They're not an army.
- It's easy to assume that the Jedi are the "good guys", but what was Lucas' actual intention? What's the subtext here?
- Why not just have Amidala still be the queen?
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/cruise
- 26:00 podcast episode length.
- Minute 2 of Episode II on a Tuesday.
- It should in fact be 'planetary systems' rather than 'solar systems'. "The Solar System" explicitly refers to our sun Sol and its system of planets, asteroids, etc.
- The Galactic Senate
- Wookieepedia says there are 1024  in the Senate chamber which can hold 8 passengers each.
- The Senate represented 24,372 systems, according to George Lucas.
- So thousands (increased from "several hundred" in the revised second draft) of systems seceding might have a pretty big impact.
- Wookieepedia mentions hundreds of senators, so who knows who's sitting in the rest of the pods, the math doesn't seem to work out.
- Junior representatives (e.g. Jar Jar) represented minority populations on worlds that already had a senator. They wielded less power than full senators, unless the senator went on a leave of absence and appointed the representative to manage in her stead.
- According to Wookieepedia, there were about 10,000 Jedi scattered across the galaxy prior to Order 66.
- List of words capitalized in the opening crawl:
•DEATH STAR (ANH) •GALACTIC EMPIRE (ROTJ) •ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC (AOTC) •FIRST ORDER, REPUBLIC, RESISTANCE (TFA) •RESISTANCE (TLJ) There are no words capitalized in the opening crawls for ESB and ROTS.
- Alex: Crisis averted. Pete: Movie over.
- Pete: We just lost the hillbilly listener...hillbilly demographic.
- Alex: (doing a great Palpatine) POWER!
- Alex: In the interest of generosity, we'll call it ring theory.