Attack of the Clones Minute 33: Little More Than a Novelty
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
December 28th, 2016
Dexter picks up the dart delicately between his puffy fingers and peers at it.
- The (in)famous Dexter Jettster scene.
- Starts with Obi-Wan sitting down to talk with Dexter Jettster, and ends with Dex telling Obi-Wan that he of all people should know the difference between knowledge and *heh heh heh* wisdom.
- First entirely CGI character (besides Yoda) with a speaking part?
- Sagging pants gag.
- Rodians, and return of Seboca, talking to Rednax and sitting with Slyther Bushforb.
- There are past guests that specifically requested these minutes, but scheduling didn't work.
- The design of Dexter Jettster.
- Cross between the Mucinex blob and Slimer from Ghostbusters.
- He might have been better if he spoke an alien language and subtitled.
- Four arms is cool.
- This scene doesn't feel "Star Warsy".
- Failed comedy/slapstick.
- Voiced by Australian actor Ronald Falk
- Shoutout to Steele Saunders and our Australian listeners.
- Mentioned: the comedian impressionist Rich Little.
- Besalisk from Ojom.
- His previous careers.
- Sold arms to Jango Fett.
- Appears in Star Wars Lego video game as a bonus character.
- Named for Lucas' son Jett.
- Later became a freedom fighter.
- Pete likes Dexter, but hates Dex's diner.
- Dexter's leering menace.
- Harry Potter-esque names of diner patrons.
- Watching shows/movies with/without sound/subtitles.
- 29:12 podcast episode length.
- To "gild the lily" is to unnecessarily adorn something. The phrase is a misquotation of a line from Shakespeare's King John.
- This is the moment that Attack of the Clones defeated Alex.
- 2016 was a bad year for celebrity deaths, and many beloved actors and performers were lost that year. Star Wars was no exception, and nine Star Wars contributors, including Carrie Fisher, Kenny Baker, and Peter Sumner (of Pol Treidum fame) passed away in 2016.
- Kelly: Fresh out of the deep-fried diner starter kit.
- Alex: He [Dex] was an arms dealer. Pete: That's how he got the extra arms.
- Kelly: Whatever. I have to name 50 more aliens tonight. Pete: I know that feeling.
- Alex: Dexter Threatster.