Attack of the Clones Minute 37: The Bear Clan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 3rd, 2017
Obi-Wan comes out onto the veranda and stops, watching twenty or so four-year-olds doing training exercises, supervised by Yoda.
- Starts with Padmé gazing at her food to avoid eye contact with Anakin, and ends with Yoda telling the younglings to clear their minds.
- First time "younglings" is heard.
- Jedi Temple Veranda.
- Pablo-Jill—one of the few fully CG characters.
- "Younglings" becomes codified and means any child in Star Wars.
- Most of the training we see in the movies is under unusual circumstances. It's good to see what normal Jedi training actually looks like.
- Mentioned: Gordon Ramsay on "Master Chef".
- Is this scene a response to the popularity of Harry Potter? The Jedi Temple as a "Space Hogwarts".
- Callback to one of Steele Saunders minutes, where we saw an Ongree (Pablo-Jill's race) in the crowd outside the Outlander Gambling Club.
- Shoutout to Tony Thaxton.
- Obi-Wan doesn't react at all to almost walking into Coleman Trebor.
- Bad choreography.
- Training lightsabers.
- Trainee clans.
- 10 clans, each with 20 trainees.
- 4–8 years old, then they take the Initiate test and get assigned to a Master or a Knight.
- What happens if you don't pass? They become Jedi janitors.
- The Bear clan
- Is Obi-Wan famous in the Jedi school? He's not on the council, but he is the only Jedi in a millennium to have fought and bested a Sith. But the council may have covered this fact up.
- Totally organic plug for http://lootcrate.com/swm and starwarsminute.com/patreon
- Call 8-DAY-GREEDO.
- 33:02 podcast episode length.
- A veranda is any roofed porch or open-air gallery; the Jedi Temple Veranda is not a true veranda.
- The first Harry Potter book was published in 1997. The movie version hit screens in 2001.
- Pablo-Jill was not named after Pablo Hidalgo, but he was named after a VFX Supervisor and Producer team at ILM working on the film.
- Alex learns the term "Tuckerization" which he will carry into future episodes. It is named for science fiction writer Wilson Tucker, who was known for using the technique in his writing.
- Jedi that were not to be trained in the Academy (perhaps because they failed their Initiate trial) could join the Jedi Service Corps.
- Liam is named after Liam Neeson.
- Alex: How youngling are you?
- Pete: (as Obi-Wan) <smoothly> Coleman Trebor, you dirty dog! How are you?
- Riley: Many younglings died to film this scene.