Attack of the Clones Minute 40: Personal Vision
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 6th, 2017
Queen Jamillia is seated on the throne, flanked by Sio Bibble and a couple of advisors.
- Starts with Anakin and Padmé discussing how she became a senator, and ends with Sio Bibble fretting that the senate is powerless to resolve this crisis.
- Anakin's Jedi ascot.
- Bibble is back!
- Graf Zapalo.
- Very detailed Naboo politics exposition, as if a science fiction writer came up with all this elaborate backstory, and wanted you to know how much thought they put into it.
- Queens are elected, senators are appointed.
- Anakin is dressed like what a rich person thinks poor people dress like.
- Funny, given that he went from being a slave to being a Jedi. Maybe Padmé picked the outfit.
- Great place for a musical montage.
- Referenced: Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek).
- Mentioned: What's a duck?
- Gungans are now integrated into Naboo society.
- The seeds of a good movie are here, but fails in the execution.
- The senate system as flawed and impotent body.
- "Yesmen" syndrome.
- Ironically, AOTC feels like a movie that had too much studio interference.
- TFA had a far less ambitious plot, but succeeded more.
- More character-based story, like Star Wars.
- Do you think Disney will ever reboot the Prequels?
- We're excited for new Star Wars again.
- Queen Jamillia.
- Played by Ayesha Dharker.
- Acted in The Arabian Nights with Captain Panaka.
- Was in Dr. Who.
- Riley ranks the movies.
- She is really a fan of the "Execute Order 66" sequence.
- KOTOR ranks above all of the Prequels.
- Thanks to and from Riley for this week. She'd happily come back for Sith.
- Plug for Star Wars Minute: Weekend Edition.
- 34:34 podcast episode length.
- The exteriors are the Plaza de España in Sevilla, Spain. The lake is Lake Como, in Lombardy, Italy.
- Queen Jamillia does not appear in Revenge of the Sith. She was succeeded by Queen Neeyutnee, who appears in the Clone Wars, and by Queen Apailana in ROTS.
- Pete: ...analyze, scrutinize, and "FORbidden for Jedis"...
- Riley: (as Valley girl Padmé to Anakin) Umm, my friends are gonna see me here, and you can't be looking like that.
- Pete: ¿Dónde está Sio Bibble?
- Riley: I can't wait until this episode's over so I can be uncuffed from this chair.
- Pete: We'll definitely <imitating overdub> NOT have you on.