Attack of the Clones Minute 51: Reminiscent of the Cloud People
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 23rd, 2017
Obi-Wan, Taun We, and Boba Fett enter the apartment. Obi-wan looks around the room.
- Starts with Padmé and Anakin rolling through the fields, and ends with Boba telling his father that Taun We is here.
- The "pretend that you're dead so they'll care about you" routine.
- Aiwha—"Air whale".
- It's the next day, so Obi-Wan is no longer wet.
- The first time we see actual Boba Fett (episode order).
- Matt had hopes that AOTC would be better than Episode I.
- Matt gets his positive comments out of the way.
- This minute fails to reference Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal".
- Michael Jackson loved Star Wars and wanted to play Jar Jar.
- Hayden Christiansen is disconcerting as the leading man heartthrob.
- Mentioned: that famous scene from From Here to Eternity.
- He carries that "simmering darkness" with him in pretty much every scene, when sometimes it's inappropriate.
- The question of "was this intentional?" is asked again.
- Matt theorizes that he was given little to no direction, and made a questionable acting choice.
- How Hayden Christiansen's career might have gone if he wasn't in Star Wars. Comparison to Mark Hamill.
- Given the number of shaaks grazing nearby, Anakin and Padmé probably roll through some Shaak scat.
- The physicality of the roll doesn't really work.
- How does Padmé feel toward Anakin at the end of this scene?
- Padmé ends up on top of Anakin. What are the implications (artistically, and for the characters)?
- What if it had been the other way around?
- What is the symbolism of the immediate cut to the animal bursting out of the water?
- Mentioned: a particular scene from The Naked Gun 2½.
- Referenced: the distinguished clergyman from The Princess Bride.
- The Aiwha is cool and transports us to another world, so it's okay that they linger on the establishing shot.
- Listener Projects: Photoshop (or even better animate) the Doof Warrior from Mad Max: Fury Road onto the back of this Aiwha.
- Is it always raining on Kamino? Why is there no covered parking?
- This city doesn't seem designed for Kaminoans—the doors aren't quite tall enough. Maybe this is the visitors' center.
- Call 8-DAY-GREEDO.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/merch.
- Matt is wearing his limited edition original STAR WARS MINUTE shirt right now!
- 24:39 podcast episode length.
- Tom Selleck was in consideration for the role of Han Solo.
- Matt also hasn't seen Jumper.
- They never did make a Shaak toy, but if they did it would probably have been similar to the Dewback toy, which came with a sandtrooper that you could stuff into slots in the back.
- It has become SWM-Canon that All Jedi go Commando.
- Matt: The old "'possum in the field."
- Matt: Always have part of your mind on your...genitals.
- Matt: I apologize for not having watched the whole movie up to this point... Alex: We apologize for making you watch this part of the movie.