Attack of the Clones Minute 53: Miss Kamino
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
January 25th, 2017
Obi-Wan and Taun-We go out. The door slides closed. Jango Fett turns to his son. He is deep in thought.
- Starts with Jango claiming that he's never heard of "Sifo-Dyas", and ends with Jango telling Boba to pack his things.
- First time we hear the name "Tyranus".
- In a previous script draft, Taun We interrupts the tension by dropping some exposition and dispelling the mystery.
- She reveals that Sido-Dyas ordered the clones, and then had Tyranus hire Jango and told the Kaminoans to expect a Jedi to come pick them up.
- Sheev's complex plans.
- Referenced: the Star Wars Rebels episode An Inside Man from season 3.
- Conservationism in the Star Wars universe.
- Daniel Logan was nominated for the Best Young actor for his role in this film.
- Discussion of other child actors who might have been good in this movie.
- Young Boba Fett's adventures in the Clone Wars cartoons.
- Alex saw Young Boba Fett and young Aunt Beru at a convention.
- Ewan McGregor said he is game to come back and play more Obi-Wan Kenobi. Discussion of what a Obi-Wan standalone film might be like.
- What does Darth mean in Star Was by "You should not have come back"?
- Shoutout to Daughter The Retailer.
- Character designs with large, likeable eyes.
- Referenced Jaws.
- How should you pronounce "Kaminoans"?
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/patreon.
- Follow @thestarwarsminute on instagram.
- 26:28 podcast episode length.
- According to Wookieepedia, Endor is the name of 1) the forest/sanctuary moon; 2) the gas giant that it orbits; 3) both of the stars that the gas giant orbits (Endor I and Endor II); 4) the planetary system; and 5) the binary star system. Confusing!
- In a move that stunned the Star Wars fan community, the original directors of the Han Solo anthology movie, Lord and Miller, were sacked by Lucasfilm and Ron Howard was hired to replace them.
- Odd coincidence that Matt used to work for Ron Howard's company Imagine Entertainment.
- There already exists a movie starring Ewan McGregor that features him wandering around in a desert the whole time called Last Days in the Desert.
- Something like what the guys describe as an idea for the Obi-Wan standalone film occurs toward the end of Season 3 of Rebels.
- Pete: Darth "Scary Dinosaur".
- Matt: Guys, guys. Let's not get bogged down in the moons of Bogden.
- Matt: We're losing Womp rat species at an alarming rate. Won't you please give? Alex: People keep bullseyeing them.
- Matt: What's the guy's name, "Tomorrowland"?
- Alex: <during the closing theme> That was dangerously close to being in sync. Pete: No, they're [NSYNC are] later in the movie.