Attack of the Clones Minute 66: A Really Dirty Star Wars Movie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 13th, 2017
Anakin's grim look means business. Watto gets the hint quickly.
- Starts with Watto recognizing Ani, and ends with Anakin finding out he has a step-father.
- First mention of a moisture farmer named Lars.
- Cliegg and Shmi's meet cute.
- Watto's accent. Referenced: Deanna Troi's accent in TNG.
- Madison was 9 when Episode I came out, so she liked a lot of the childish elements.
- Watto as the most human character in the Prequels despite being animated.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was in consideration for the part of Anakin, but he was definitely busy.
- Hayden Christiansen was young and scary-looking at the same time. Perfect for the part.
- Ewan McGregor still being interested in being in more Star Wars movies.
- Watto's hat.
- Watto seems genuinely happy to see Anakin. Does Anakin reciprocate?
- What tipped Watto off that this was his former slave?
- Watto's flies. Shoutout to Steele Saunders.
- Everyone else having flies constantly buzzing around them. That would be a really dirty Star Wars movie.
- Natalie Portman's acting performance.
- Watto doesn't recognize Padmé whom he's met before.
- The age difference between Anakin and Padmé. Natalie Portman has a young face still.
- The Padawan hairstyle and clip-on braids. Star Wars fashions in real life.
- Real life Moisture Vaporators. See this CNN article.
- Support the show on Amazon.
- The Wondery podcast survey.
- 25:03 podcast episode length.
- 8-DAY-GREEDO call from none other than Watto himself. Well whaddya know!
- Madison has not seen Jumper.
- SNL did an undercover boss with Kylo Ren on Starkiller Base.
- Orthodontic braces do exist in the Star Wars universe, and were discussed last season.
- Padawan braids sell on Amazon for about $3–6.
- Madison: My little feminist heart was bleeding!
- Alex: Be Jar Jar like no one's watching. Pete: Well, eventually no one will be watching.
- Alex: I do racist impressions in my off hours.
- Alex: How do I react to this crazy, flying, elephant-nosed, frog man?