Attack of the Clones Minute 6: A Flea on a Hot Brick
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 21st, 2016
Yoda and Mace Windu move to greet the senator, Yoda taps Amidala with his cane.
- Starts with Yoda saying "Reply hazy, try again."
- First Rodian in the movie.
- Dar Wac.
- First fully CGI Yoda (The Phantom Menace Yoda was replaced in 2011 for the Blu-ray).
- Ahmed best was the stand-in for Yoda in this scene, and many others (so the actors could get the timing of their lines right).
- Second Padmé outfit: "Loyalist Committee" dress.
- Callback to Empire Minute 49: Yodabutt.
- Mentioned: SWM-Canon#"The Force" does not exist.
- Is Sheev sending out some kind of Dark Side "smokescreen" to obscure the Jedi Force Vision?
- Is it like when there is a sandstorm and your satellite TV goes out?
- How come, when Sheev was killed, the Empire pretty much collapses right away?
- Maybe it's like the Wizard of Oz.
- Callback to Minute 63 of TPM when Alex and Pete went Rodian for Rodian. Dar Wac was not on that list.
- Discussion of CGI vs. Puppet Yoda
- Potential fan theory that Puppet Yoda and CGI Yoda are actually different characters, and the Puppet was exiled to Dagobah because he couldn't compete with his CG rival.
- Order of "Yoda quality": ESB puppet Yoda>ROTJ Puppet Yoda>CGI Yoda>>>TPM puppet Yoda.
- Callback to Theomet Danlé (disgruntled spice miner).
- Naboo's three moons.
- It's a very mansplainy scene - all the male Jedi dismiss Amidala's assertion out of hand. He might as well be saying "You don't know what you're talking about little lady."
- Referenced: Mister Mxyzptlk from the Superman comics, who if he said or spelled his name backwards, would be returned to his home dimension.
- 30:21 podcast episode length.
- Introduction of http://starwarsminute.com/toco
- Tony was the first guest ever on the STAR WARS MINUTE, so it's fitting having him be the first guest for Attack of the Clones.
- The line "She survived the attack" is not subtitled, nor does it appear in the script.
- "Talk Like Yoda Day" is May 21st ("Talk Like a Pirate Day" is September 19th).
- There are Yoda syntax generators online. To say the phrase "There totally should be" you would say "Be, there totally should. Hmmmmmm."
- Pete: You're here with us to cover minute 6 of Attack of the Clones Tony: What?!
- Pete: Onaconda Farr? Nehh... Dar Wac.
- Alex: Well he's [Dar Wak is] a Rodian and, as we know all know, they are involved in shady stuff. Pete: What are you trying to say?
- Tony: <terrible Yoda impression> I can't leave my house. Pete: That's a good Yoda impression.
- Pete: (As Padmé) Shut up, frog. Who tried to kill me?!
- Alex: <heavy sarcasm> As hard as it is to imagine Anakin complaining about something...