Attack of the Clones Minute 71: Balls
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 19th, 2017
Obi-Wan's Fighter moves out from the back side of the asteroid and heads away from the asteroid field, descending toward Geonosis.
- Starts with Slave I landing on Geonosis, and ends with Obi-Wan also landing on Geonosis.
- Only two lines of dialog.
- Mentioned: Ring Theory.
- How Slave I works compared to how the toy works. Do the Fetts have to lie on their backs when the ship takes off and lands?
- People just leave their ships wherever. Don't they get stolen? What happens to the heroes' ships at the end of the movie.
- Mentioned: Club lock.
- Why must we gender all the droids?
- Geonosis facts.
- 15 moons.
- 5% surface water
- 256 day year
- 100,000,000,000 inhabitants (99% Geonosian, 1% other).
- Lucas modeled Geonosians after termites as a metaphor for how the Republic was being destroyed from within.
- A previous draft had the Trade Federation ships hiding in the planet's rings.
- Meredith has issues with Obi-Wan's headgear.
- Things that totally take you out of the movie.
- Padmé's handmaidens.
- Help with the numbers.
- Call 8-DAY-GREEDO.
- 21:59 podcast episode length.
List of lady droids
|(mentioned on the show only)|
|The Chroon-Tan B-Machine*||ROTJ 80|
|*Mentioned but gender not referenced on the show|
- Alex misspoke. The planet in question that may have later evolved into Geonosis was named Ttaz.
- Alex referenced Bernie Sanders, who was one of the Democratic candidates during the US 2016 presidential election. One of the cornerstones of his political platform was combating wealth inequality.
- Bernie Sanders was also referenced in AotC 49.
- This episode was recorded prior to Sanders' announcement that he would be suspending his campaign and endorsing the Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, but aired after the results of the election were known.
- The Federation ships can link up with the cargo rings we saw in TPM, but we do not see the linking up in any of the films.
- Alex: <mouse droid noises>
- Meredith: The Jedi are known for their bopping.