Attack of the Clones Minute 76: It's...
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 27th, 2017
ANAKIN stands in the middle of a crowd of JAWAS. He asks them from directions.
- Starts with Anakin moodily speeding off to find his mother, and ends with Obi-Wan entering some kind of weird cathedral.
- Weird two-shot montage with Duel of the Fates playing. Gorgeous.
- Referenced: Chekhov's gun, The Da Vinci Code.
- Awkward moment with the Jawas. Referenced: Wald and Kitster's awkward hi-five.
- The droid swap.
- No language barriers: Anakin speaks Jawaese. And possibly Jive.
- Except for the tons of examples where translators are needed.
- What specifically is Anakin asking the Jawas?
- Everybody knows what happened to Shmi, they just don't want to say.
- Mentioned: the Ring Theory.
- Filming all three Prequels together and in multiple parts.
- Hal's version of the Prequels, starting in the middle of the clone wars and ending immediately before Star Wars.
- The Darth Vader comics.
- A run-in with the Libyan military during the filming of Star Wars.
R.I.P.So long, Col. Gaddafi.
- Tatooine and Geonosis look too similar.
- George Lucas' use of color theory.
- Referenced (and meta-referenced): blue comedy.
- The drippy cathedral: cool design, poor execution. Mentioned: Colorforms.
- Many backgrounds that look like CGI are really miniatures—it's not the backgrounds that look fake, it's the people.
- This minute ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.
- 22:53 podcast episode length.
- At the time this episode was recorded Rogue One had not yet come out. What Hal describes as what he'd like to see in Episode III is more or less what they did for Rogue One. Nice.
- As it turns out, Hal did not in fact pass away in January.
- Pete sets up a terrible joke that he won't actually deliver until tomorrow. Mentioned: I'll cut that part out.
- Hal: If you beg hard enough on the internet- Alex: (interrupting) Don't say that! Hal: -you can do anything you want.
- Pete: 76 [...] Seventy-stix— Seventy sticks? 76 sticks.
- Pete: (as a Jawa) Uhhh I got droids to steal, so...I'm gonna go. Good luck with that 'mother' thing.
- Pete: How does your species deal with being beaten horribly?
- Pete: "You know what'd be great? More prequels." Hal: You know what would make Episode II good? If it was longer. We need more.
- Hale: I have high expectations and I blame you if it [the Darth Vader comics] doesn't meet them.
- Hal: Just chillin' here with my friend Moamar. In the Great Beyond.
- Alex: *stifling a laugh* Genital Grievous.
- Pete: We can't get any better than blue Styrofoam. Alex: That's true.