Attack of the Clones Minute 7: Madame
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
November 22nd, 2016
As the Jedi leave the office, Palpatine continues to pace behind his desk.
- Grand Debut of: Space Jimmy Smits (after we've been talking about him literally for years).
- Senator Orn Free Taa (the morbidly obese love child of Bib Fortuna and Max Rebo). (He actually IS just a fat Twi'lek)
- His aides Pampy (blue) and Supi (green).
- Discussion of Amidala's accents.
- Tony should do AOTC as a one-man show, with absolutely no additional explanation.,
- Ring theory: Yoda's warning to Amidala parallels Yoda's warning to Luke that he would be afraid (he would be).
- Jimmy Smits talk.
- His legal name is "Jimmy" and not "James".
- Political machinations in the Republic, and how this affects where the Jedi are sent.
- Are Jedi salaried? Their needs are probably taken care of by the temple.
- People probably don't charge them, like how you wouldn't charge the Pope if he came into your diner.
- 27:23 podcast episode length.
- The deleted scene of Bail Antilles (also of Alderaan) in TPM. In the original draft his name was Bail Organa (played by actor Adrian Dunbar) and he was supposed to be Leia's father. Bail Antilles is not related to Wedge Anitlles, but IS related to Bail Organa (by marriage).
- See also: Lucas' Bucket o' Names.
- Earth Jimmy Smits was in 15 other movies (not counting TV movies) prior to Attack of the Clones.
- We are at "peak Sheev" in this movie.
- Sheev's chair.
- Referenced: The Picture of Dorian Gray
- More discussion of the Sith Superpower "Obscuring Mist".
- Sheev's personal life.
- Madame and Sheev.
- Listener Projects: Make a CGI Madame puppet.
- Tony will bring up Madame again.
- Tony WILL come back tomorrow.
- Plug for starwarsminute.com/merch and starwarsminute.com/cruise
- Pete: (using Amidala's regal affect) Thank you Mace Windu.
- Pete: "Willowy Frame and a Billowy Cloak: The Space Jimmy Smits story".
- Tony: Oy vey!
- Pete: We get a lot of good "Sheeving" in this minute.