Attack of the Clones Minute 85: Hamlet-Level Stuff
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 10th, 2017
PADMÉ comes in with a tray of food. ANAKIN is kneeling by the speeder bike, using an electronic wrench to work on it.
- Starts with Anakin saying that life seems so much simpler when you're fixing things and ends with Anakin, much more distraught, saying that Obi-Wan's jealous.
- Padmé is serving blue milk.
- Paul gives us his standard audition monologue.
- The emotional beats in this scene miss the mark. Both Anakin and Padmé grew up without learning how to process their emotions.
- Despite this they still get married.
- Wonky dialog. Discussed: The Philosophy of Darth Vader and The Denial of Death.
- Lucas' intentions surrounding Anakin and this scene in particular. Anakin couldn't stop those he loved from dying so his way of controlling death as Darth Vader is to deal death to others.
- How this plays into his eventual redemption.
- The story is muddy. Comparison with the simplicity of the original films. Referenced: The Silmarillion. Problems with characterization through dialog in the Prequels.
- Scenes that round out the story that were cut for time in favor of unnecessary effects shots (mentioned last week).
- This should be a huge scene, it's Anakin's first time interacting with his old life since beginning his turn, but it doesn't work.
- Kylo Ren's journey as a possible better retelling of Anakin's origin, but a negative version. Showing vs. telling.
- Paul's rankings. Where will the new films slot in?
- Call the hotline wita short funny message that pertains to an upcoming minute.
- 24:25 podcast episode length.
- Pete: ..."I want more Episode II".
- Alex: Once you go down that dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Pete: That's what I'm sayin'. Alex: They have to put that in the next movie.
- Other Links
- Spider-Man/Deadpool Christmas comic