Attack of the Clones Minute 89: Bozo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 16th, 2017
A hologram of OBI-WAN flickers in front of a group, made up of Jedi (YODA, MACE WINDU, and KI-ADI-MUNDI) and Senators (BAIL ORGANA, ASK AAK, [sic] LUMINARA, and JAR JAR).
- Starts with C-3PO saying that Artoo is carrying a message from Obi-Wan Kenobi, and ends with Anakin watching a message from Mace Windu.
- Callback to when C-3PO first mentions "an Obi-Wan Kenobi" to Luke in Star Wars.
- Change from original script: Obi-Wan calls the Jedi temple directly—there is no relay via Anakin.
- Return of Space Jimmy Smits.
- The Bens (Acker and Blacker) have added Tony to the list of Canonized Swimmers.
- Alex and Pete are also canon. Their respective "levels of canonicity" are discussed.
- What types of references and callbacks work and which don't.
- Anakin and Padmé go back to the ship to view the message.
- Everyone is there listening to the call on Coruscant. Did they have to assemble everybody or were they already there for like a meeting or something?
- How much of this is live vs. a recording? Mentioned: Periscope.
- Who're the random background characters in this scene? see below.
- Their action figures would only be visible from the back, like that episode of the Simpsons.
- Much like in the rest of the movie, no one has any reaction to Obi-Wan's message or to the news that Nute Gunray is behind it.
- Differences from script to screen in the message to the Jedi council.
- Star Wars-pop culture mashups and Alex's art. Mentioned: Dengarfield.
- Support the Show.
- 24:18 podcast episode length.
- As the Dun thackstons were native to the planet Vodran, it is unlikely that Peet Deretalia would have encountered one at LX-Robynsun V (which was located on the planet Reamma) unless she brought one there herself.
- The guy with the "Bozo the clown hair" is Ister Paddie. He is human, and that thing on his head is actually an elaborate headdress. The guy next to him is Ronet Coorr. Both he and Paddie are senators belonging to the loyalist committee. Neither have action figures.
- Alex has yet to complete a "Bozobi-Wan" sketch.
- No spoilers, but the third time that "puzzle" appears in the script was supposed to be in minute 104, but it was cut out.
- Pete: We got a lady, a bird, and a [base] here, we can do anything.
- Alex: (as John Lennon (as Obi-Wan) Oh. If it's three o'clock on Coruscant they must be have'n the meetin' right now...) (normal voice) I don't even bother trying anymore.
- Alex: (as Yoda) More clues, this crossword puzzle needs.