Empire Minute 26: The Remnant
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 17th, 2014
The Rebel transport and its escort race away from the white planet, closely followed by the two red energy beams.
- Ion cannon fires.
- Imperial Walkers are sighted on the north ridge.
- The first transport is away.
- The Rebel right in the center of the frame looks really unsure about pumping his fist in the air.
- First appearance of Dak Ralter
- The only person in the Original Trilogy (aside from Luke) to use binoculars
- How big is the ion cannon?
- Not that huge? Gigantic? The size of EPCOT Center?
- Rebel Transport ship is discussed.
- Action figure carrying case
- How big is it, and who is evacuating (in what order)?
- Ion gun technology in other ships and in the Prequels (Sorry Pete).
- Things we don't need to see: anti-gravity, time-travel
- Mentioned: Edit that out.
- Changes to the PA announcement, including Mark Hamill singing the line.
- At Forbidden Planet, Pete would abuse the store intercom to quote this scene.
- If you don't count the 2-seater Y-wings (from the Holiday Special) this is the first ship with a turret gunner.
- Mentioned Flight of the Intruder (1991)
- Extras in this scene were members of the Norwegian armed forces.
- How to properly refer to the Imperial Walkers.
- Pete and Adam say "AT-AT" (as opposed to "A-T-A-T"), whereas Alex says "Walkers".
- 20:28 podcast episode length.
- This is Adam's second appearance on the podcast.
- EPCOT Center is now known simply as "Epcot", and it refers to the entire park. The giant geodesic dome (which actually does resemble the ion cannon quite a bit) is called Spaceship Earth, and it is 180 ft (54 m) tall.
- In early December 2016, Disney transformed Spaceship Earth into the Death Star in honor of the premier of Rogue One.
- We learned that they use the metric system in Star Wars in minute 99.
- The Star Destroyer is called the Tyrant (see previous episode)
- The Devastator was actually the Star Destroyer that attacked the Tantive IV in the opening scene of Star Wars.
- For this and the next few minutes were learn about Adam's love of Dak and are subjected to numerous "Dak" puns.
- Alex: I think "Epcots" are the standard unit of measure for ion cannons.
- Pete: (to the tune of "Send in the Clowns) 🎵Send in the droids...🎵
- Pete: I'm glad that these weren't electric balls... Alex: I can't tell you how many times I've said that.
- Alex: Dak attack... from the back.