Empire Minute 39: The Odds
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 6th, 2014
The Falcon turns into the asteroid storm and as the ship completes its turn, asteroids start coming straight at the cockpit windows.
- Starts with Han Solo fixing the Millennium Falcon as they are being pursued by the Star Destroyers and ends with Han entering an asteroid field as a TIE fighter blow ups after being hit by an asteroid.
- Han speaks technobabble regarding tools at the beginning of this minute.
- Referenced: Star Trek.
- Chewbacca places the tool box in a very unsafe spot - another attempt to get out of his life debt.
- Was Pol Treidum in the barrel on the Falcon?
- Gravity in the Star Wars universe.
- This pursuit is a common scenario for Han and Chewie and they seem to have flown into an asteroid belt before as well.
- Who's flying the Falcon at this stage? The script indicates that it's Princess Leia.
- They don't slow down in the asteroid belt.
- In the Leigh Brackett draft script for the movie it is Chewie's idea to fly into the asteroid belt. Han then calls him "my hairy friend".
- The odds are approx. 3,720 to 1 against - C-3PO clearly is the one who calculates all the odds and then blames them on R2-D2.
- Random explosions when asteroids hit each other.
- Favorite action-based musical score in the asteroid sequence.
- Request to call 8-DAY-GREEDO to tell the hosts what the method is called to "make music sound like a ship on the ocean" as per this minute.
- 17:23 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - audible.com; starwarsminute.com/audible.
- Actor cross-overs between the Star Wars movies and Superman and The Shining.
- Pete: The hydro-spanner - it's like a wet wrench.
- Pete: Maybe 271 is a play from The Fonz's playbook.