Empire Minute 41: Beep Boop
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 10th, 2014
The Falcon races down into the crater. The walls are barely visible as the ship speed through the tunnel-like opening. A small cave appears on one side of the crater, and the Falcon turns, slows, and scoots into it.
- Starts with the Millennium Falcon evading the imperials and flying into a tunnel in an asteroid preparing to touch-down to fix the Falcon.
- Ends with Luke touching down on Dagobah.
- Kids not liking the Dagobah training scenes.
- Han's innuendo while looking for somewhere to land the Falcon.
- Han's flamboyant loop-de-loop before entering tunnel.
- Banter and tension between Han and Leia.
- All of the characters on the Falcon play to "type" in this scene.
- C-3PO must be longing for R2-D2.
- All human characters understanding R2-D2's beeps and Chewbacca's growls.
- "Luke and R2-D2's Adventure" should have been the title of this movie.
- R2-D2 always being on the outside of spaceships (to fix them).
- R2-D2 as a component of spaceships.
- Sentient droids.
- R2-D2's answer to every question or comment is "beep-boop".
- Luke talking endlessly during the trip to Dagobah; R2-D2 probably shuts himself down half way there.
- Luke ignores R2's concerns about Dagobah, which later turn out to be right.
- How does R2-D2 even get around in the swamps of Dagobah?
- How well known is Dagobah to people in the Star Wars universe? Why didn't the Imperials pursue Yoda there?
- Dagobah was erased from the planetary library - as revealed in the Prequels. Flaws in the Prequels generally and the planetary library specifically.
- Yoda was just the simple "crazy frog man" in the original trilogy but becomes much more complicated thanks to the Prequels. This is not necessarily a good thing.
- Not much is known, or has been revealed, about Yoda.
- Luke could have changed his mind just before entering Dagobah's atmosphere - the trilogy would have been very different in this scenario.
- 13:40 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - Kristen Siebecker from @WineWithKristen with "this week's Uncorked wine pick of the week".
- Pete: Our first four-way podcast!