Empire Minute 53: Asteroid Science
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 26, 2014
Vader's Imperial Star Destroyer moves against the vast sea of stars away from the rest of the fleet.
- Starts with C-3PO putting a restraining bolt on the Han-Leia makeout session.
- Ends with a very different sort of makeout session.
- Unnamed Imperial Officer (asteroid victim).
- Return of the mouse droid.
- Pete teases us with his dislike of the Emperor.
- Referenced: "Jumping the shark"
- How do shield generators work? I guess they don't block asteroids.
- Callback to Captain Scrapey from minute 38.
Ryan drops some asteroid science on us:
The Hoth asteroid field is unrealistic because:
- Referenced: Alex's Pet Peeve the Hoth asteroid field is always used by smugglers to evade capture.
- Pan and scan is terrible.
- Please call 8-DAY-GREEDO with the asteroid victim's name and backstory.
- Is Vader Force-protecting the Star Destroyer from Asteroids? Teaser for a future minute in which we see non-Force protecting.
- Does Vader think that the Falcon gang are still alive? Can he sense Leia? Or Threepio?
- What is Vader's relationship status with the Emperor?
- Is he on board, or is he trying to usurp the Emperor?
- Mentioned: Ozzel is a secret rebel agent
- 22:13 podcast episode length.
- Ryan talked about the giant-impact hypothesis in one of his previous appearances.
- This episode first aired on Boonta Eve.
- In an interview with Jamie Stangroom from "These Are The Actors You're Looking For!" on YouTube, David Prowse (who knew by this point that his lines would be dubbed over) purposely messed up his dialog in this scene.
- Alex: He [Vader] really is obsessed with finding young Skywalker. Pete: He is, I read that somewhere.
- Pete: The "Mupiter zone."
- Ryan: There are two main types of meteoroids in the space...area.
- Pete: It's the Wednesday crowd. They're down.