Empire Minute 6: Waldorf Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
General Rieekan straightens up from a console at Han’s approach
January 20th, 2014.
- Starts with Han Solo entering the rebel control room and ends with romantic tension between Han and Leia.
- The futuristic rebel tactical display screens from Star Wars are still evident on Hoth.
- Carrie Fisher / Princess Leia applause shot.
- The first (and last) appearance of General Rieekan. (The actor that played General Rieekan also played a brash American hotel guest in Fawlty Towers.)
- Strands of the romantic Han Solo and Princess Leia music is heard for the first time in this minute.
- Leia kissing Luke and what it all means.
- Leia and Han's relationship and what it all means.
- What would have happened if Chewbacca did receive a medal.
- Its cold inside the rebel base as well as outside - everyone is wearing puffy coats. Jackie talks about wanting Leia's white jacket.
- Leia's hair and outfit in this scene and how they compare to all other costumes.
- Han's outfit in this scene.
- The supposed Armenian origin of the name Rieekan.
- Mentioned: The Brackett draft, Spoilers.
- In the Brackett Draft Commander Willard and General Dodonna (from Star Wars) are also in the rebel base on Hoth.
- K-3PO (the white C-3PO) appears in this minute; is that droid also played by Anthony Daniels?
- 11:27 podcast episode length.
- Items discussed:
- Greeks and Armenians
- Waldorf salads.
- Characters not eating much in the trilogy.
- Behind the scene photographs of Star Wars from Peter Mayhew.
- Jackie: And I'm Jackie Kashian from stand-up comedy.
- Alex: (to Jackie) You totally got Chewbacca'd on that one!
- Pete: We saved them by blowing up The Death Star. Alex: What do you mean WE?