Jedi Minute 106: Tempest the Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 1st, 2015
Chewie swings on a vine to the roof of one of the walkers. Two Ewoks cling to him.
- Starts with Chewbacca and two ewoks swinging on a vine to assault an AT-ST, and ends with Chewie and the ewoks blasting away, murdering some folks.
- The [in]famous "Tarzan yell".
- Chewie butt.
- AT-ST pilots Lt. Watts and Maj. Marquand.
- This AT-ST is the Tempest Scout 2.
- Small VFX glitch: AT-ST legs.
- Callback to the SWM Wives episode.
- The hosts have been pretty negative about this movie; the guests feel differently.
- Extratextural references.
- Rare instance of safety gear.
- Delicious behind the scenes info. Poetic justice/irony.
- Long Island inside jokes.
- How technologically advanced are the Ewoks? Lucas changed them from Wookiees because they had already been depicted as too sophisticated.
- Who is driving/shooting.
- Can Chewie and the Ewoks communicate? Are Ewokese and Shyriiwook mutually intelligible?
- Referenced: Ewok dialog that sounds like English.
- What the scout walkers are/should be called.
- Crowdsourcing fixing errors in the movies.
- Kristen's adult beverage pairings for this minute: Chewie and Ewoks.
- 22:16 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: two 8-DAY-GREEDO calls. Both callers are not fans of Chewbacca's Tarzan yell, which is something that is clearly from our world and took them out of the movie.
- Mentioned: Superman III.
- Ella misspoke. Pan's Labyrinth is set in the the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War.
- Wookieepedia states that Watts was killed when he was thrown from the scout walker, but Marquand was merely beaten to unconsciousness. His fate following the battle is unknown, but since it was his uniform that Han Solo will later use to trick the Imperials, we can assume that his day went from bad to worse.
- Chickens actually can be found on Endor, and were seen in the first Ewok movie. They were discussed during ROTJ minute 50.
- The idea that Chewbacca is always drinking Wild Turkey bourbon was brought up during part one of the L.A. live show.
- "106/107" refers to the concurrence of highways 106 & 107 in Nassau County, Long Island. It was previously mentioned during Empire Minute 106.
- Kristen and then DTR: <Tarzan yell>.
- Pete: If you drink enough rum, it rhymes.