Jedi Minute 112: Sister
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
June 9th, 2015
Vader stops and senses something. Luke shuts his eyes tightly, in anguish.
- Starts out with Darth Vader looking for Luke under the stage and ends with Darth Vader musing about Luke's sister...sister.
- Half of Luke's face is lit with blue light. Heavy-handed symbolism?
- Saying "sister" as Darth Vader.
- How long could Luke have hidden for? Mentioned: Die Hard, Ocean's Eleven.
- The interactive display/mall directory under the Emperor's stairs.
- How can Vader not see Luke? He must not have any kind of night vision.
- Anakin probably hasn't had any friends since Tatooine (if ever). A pity.
- Vader using the Force and misreading Luke's thoughts.
- Or he's doing a cold reading.
- When did Vader learn that A) Luke existed and B) that he was his son?
- Obi-Wan's failures.
- Anakin is obsessed with Obi-Wan and blames him for everything.
- What the Emperor is doing during all this.
- Meredith hates Luke in this movie; she prefers him in Star Wars.
- His emotionless overconfidence bugs her.
- Referenced: Billy Ocean.
- Silly symbolism makes movies fun.
- Meredith will be back tomorrow for Luke flippin' out.
- Support the Show.
- 27:17 podcast episode length.
- Cold open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call in response to a request in minute 92. Luke's Darth name.
- Mentioned: Wormie Skywalker.
- Pete totally did set up http://starwarsminute.com/orangejulius!
- When you try not to think about something (like a white horse, for example) and it ends up that's the only thing you can think of, it's called ironic rebound.
- Meredith: The doodads. Next to the whatchamacallits.
- Alex: "Malls" were these kind of indoor shopping ceters; it's like Amazon but all spread out.
- Pete: (Vader attempting to make polite conversation) I don't like sand...people.
- Alex: "Happy Father's day, Dad. I'm in jail!"
- Meredith: Here here! I think it's arty as [F-wing]. I love it.