Jedi Minute 24: Not Even Once
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 5th, 2015
Luke stares hard at Jabba.
- Starts with Bib Fortuna waking Jabba to announce Luke.
- Ends with Luke giving Jabba an ultimatum.
- Jabba coins the term "Jedi Mind Trick" and reveals that only certain races are prone to being affected by it.
- The only time Luke uses the Jedi Mind Trick.
- Is Bib Fortuna's skin oily or dry? Probably both.
- Is Bib Fortuna from an aquatic race?
- Bib Fortuna wakes up Jabba and there is some very good puppetry going on in this scene.
- Jabba as a huge puppet and how it worked and was operated.
- Jabba the Hutt cosplay.
- Mentioned: Al Pacino.
- Killing off Jabba and all the other aliens and bounty hunters was a big mistake by the movie makers.
- The Rebels getting into an uneasy alliance with Jabba at some point in the future.
- The fate of Salacious Crumb.
- Who can resist the "Jedi Mind Trick".
- Toydarians and their ability to resist The Force.
- Pete raise his question on whether Force choking is a kinetic thing or a telepathic thing. Are you making them think that they're choking or are you actually physically squeezing their wind-pipe?
- The Original Trilogy versus the Prequels.
- Bib Fortuna factoids:
- Served Jabba from 32 years prior to the Battle of Yavin.
- He survived the sail barge explosion but his brain was removed by the B'omarr monks at Jabba's Palace and placed into one of the spider-like droid walkers.
- If Bib Fortuna is so trusted then why is he so weird all the time?
- Bib Fortuna is played by two actors - one physically and one for the voice. The voice actor also performed Admiral Ackbar's voice.
- Bib Fortuna is weak-minded according to Jabba but is second in charge of Jabba's crime syndicate - this doesn't really make sense, although Jabba's reign is in decline at this point.
- Where Jabba fits with the other crime families in the Star Wars universe.
- How Luke got past the door and what would have happened if Bib Fortuna said no to Luke seeing Jabba.
- Awesome acting from Mark Hamill in this sequence.
- Luke says "you can profit from this or be destroyed". How is Jabba going to profit by letting Han and Chewbacca go? By keeping Leia, Lando and the droids?
- Maybe Luke is presenting a deal that he knows Jabba will reject so that Luke can progress the plan - whatever the plan is.
- C-3PO may just be a sacrifice for the plan to work. The heroes may secretly be hoping that C-3PO doesn't make it through.
- Leia and Lando were planning to get everyone out by themselves and Luke was just the back-up plan. The hosts discuss what the plan was again.
- An Ishi Tib is in the background. This is actually the name of the species not the character. The character's name is Shasha Tiel.
- Referenced: the "Miss Clairol" ad campaign.
- Luke asks for Captain Solo and "the Wookiee" - is the term "the Wookiee" politically correct? Jabba knows that the Wookiee's name is Chewbacca so why not say that?
- Support the Show.
- 25:42 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- Hypernatremia (salt overdose) can cause sodium buildup in the skin. The skin is therefore an important organ for blood pressure control.
- After the closing theme - outtakes from the ad-read and intro.
- Alex: One man's voyage to become Jabba the Hutt.
- Alex: Yeah, can you Force choke a Toydarian? Dan: GREAT question. *Laughs*
- Pete: That's the question - is-she tib?