Jedi Minute 29: Long Waits
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 12th, 2015
The crowd of creepy courtiers parts as Han and Chewie are brought into the throne room, and other guards drag Luke up the steps.
- Starts with the gang being brought before the rancor to face punishment for their crimes.
- Ends with Luke warning Jabba that this is the last mistake that he'll ever make.
- Is this the last mistake that Jabba makes?
- Luke the cocky Jedi - he's not Wormie anymore.
- Referenced: Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg.
- In regards to the plan, Luke the Jedi can see the future so he know what's going to happen. Although always in motion is the future.
- Would Luke have signaled R2 for the lightsaber when he was getting attacked by the rancor if R2 was around then?
- Luke is almost fanatical.
- Luke and Han do a vaudeville comedy routine.
- Luke and Han last saw each other on Hoth (in minute 22 of The Empire Strikes Back) when Luke was walking to his X-wing and Han was on top of the Millennium Falcon.
- Han is very clean for someone that's been living in a dungeon.
- There is a CZ unit standing in the background. Is Anthony Daniels or Alan Harris in there?
- C-3PO translates two words from Jabba into a minute long speech and description.
- Chewbacca looks very glamorous.
- Salacious Crumb laughs at Han's bad pun.
- Time spans in the Star Wars universe - especially in relation to the sarlacc. The humans will be dead in tens of years, well before they are digested by the sarlacc.
- Salacious Crumb laughs like a Gremlin.
- In relation to the sarlacc, it actually attaches something to its victims and keeps them alive to feed off their nutrients. <Editor's note - this is horrifying!>
- This makes absolutely no sense.
- Sarlaccs live for 20,000 to 50,000 years. They can move and they reproduce via spores.
- Why are the sarlaccs called all-powerful?
- C-3PO's religious views and mythology.
- There is a mollusc on the wall near C-3PO with a long tongue. It is an intelligent creature called Ghoel.
- An action figure of Ghoel was released by Kenner. Alex has a Ghoel action figure.
- As Luke is being led out he says to Jabba "You should have bargained Jabba". Jabba's response is not translated but sound like he is saying "YOU should have bargained".
- Making fun of Jabba and his mother.
- It would be relieving to be told that this is the last mistake that you're ever going to make.
Memories of Return of the Jedi John: The theater that he saw it in no longer exists. Seeing this is one of his most memorable movie moments. The first time he saw it there was a crowd around the theater. This was impressive to a 7 year old. Also, everyone stood up and cheered at the end. He has never been to anything that exciting since. Pete remembers the crowd more than the movie as well. John saw it in a Fox Studio.
Adam: He was born the year it came out. He saw Spaceballs first. John saw Return of the Jedi when he was 12 or 13 years old. He obtained the VHS re-release - which was just before the special editions. Adam has never seen any of the Original Trilogy on the big screen.
- The movie Corvette Summer. The only movie Mark Hamill did between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.
- Support the Show.
- 23:03 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - starwarsminute.com/amazon; Amazon.
- Pete: In this scene Mark Hamill is almost as good as Hayden Christensen in acting.