Jedi Minute 33: Just a Great Guy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 18th, 2015
With two swift strides, the dangerous Boba Fett ignites his rocket pack, leaps into the air, and flies from the barge down to the skiff.
- Starts with Luke doing some fancy Jedi bouncing off the diving board.
- Ends with Han Solo asking the question "Boba Fett?".
- The first time we see Boba Fett's jet-pack in action.
- First time (release order) we see a green lightsaber.
- Promotion for Charlene's Bar.
- Things are heating up in the desert.
- How long it takes for the lightsaber to reach Luke and why no-one reacts. Jabba and his crew are too busy enjoying the show.
- Characters doing dive-offs against each other.
- Luke totally dominates with his green lightsaber. Meanwhile, Lando just takes off his helmet and hits someone with it.
- Uniforms and dress codes in Jabba's Palace.
- Lando's penchant for capes.
- Bill Dee Williams versus Lando.
- Lando's performance review at Jabba's Palace.
- How long has Lando been working at Jabba's Palace? And is he undercover / in disguise or is he actually there as Lando?
- C-3PO being knocked over is part of the plan. There is an awesome fresco on the wall in the background of this scene of Jabba.
- CGI backgrounds versus real, tangible backgrounds. Which are the best?
- Why Boba Fett gets involved in the battle. Seeing the gun is also some serious foreshadowing of what is to come.
- Boba Fett hates Jedi (one of them killed his father) and always wants to fight them.
- Boba Fett does not have great weapons and he is only marginally more competent than the other characters. He has been built up to be much better than he actually is.
- Boba Fett's outfit and other character traits.
- Boba Fett is rarely referred to by name in the movies.
- Luke removes Chewbacca's handcuffs with one hand - a Force lock-pick.
- There is a lot of edited camera shots and sound effects but is anyone actually fighting each other? It's still a cool fight scene.
- Dark Jedi Luke in action - slashing at everything with his lightsaber.
- There are various recorded screams as people fall off the skiff.
- Han keeps saying people's names out loud.
- At least two stunt people were injured in the filming of this scene.
- Support the Show.
- 24:14 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Mike in Phoenix - Luke's flip off the gang-plank / diving board is not an easy thing to do irl. It really hurts your arms. Don't try this at home.
- At the start of minute 36, Dan's father will call in to the show in response to this call.
- Stuart added a picture of his wife as a child to the Ewok Movie live episode slideshow because she kinda was dressed like Cindel, the little girl from the Ewok movies.
- Dan: That's not a cape; that's part of the skin around [Bib Fortuna's] neck.
- Pete: Tam, tell Screej that Lando is here.
- Dan: I don't want to sound like an old man... Elliott: (old man voice) —but where's my Metamucil?