Jedi Minute 34: Hot Heels
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
February 19th, 2015
The Exalted Hutt's huge tail spasms through its death throes and then slams down into final stillness.
- Starts with Boba Fett taking aim and firing at our heroes on the other skiff.
- Ends with the choking death of Jabba the Hutt.
- Boba Fett's death is strange.
- The problems with controlling jet-packs - although they look good.
- Boba Fett as the Fonz.
- Do the flames from the jet-pack burn Boba Fett's bottom?
- Problems with the Sarlacc burping? Other characters that burp in the movie. This is a bad sign of things to come in Star Wars.
- Luke jumps over to the cool skiff.
- Jabba emitting smells as he dies.
- Han is generally very lucky in the movies.
- Allusion to tabletop role-playing games.
- According to EU:
- Boba Fett does not die in the Sarlacc pit.
- He crawls out and is captured by Jawas (who think he's a droid).
- The Jawa's Sandcrawler itself later falls into the Sarlacc pit.
- Dengar saves him.
- Leia makes her big move by grabbing the microphone to hit the shutter control; couldn't she have just use her hand?
- Jabba's crew—including Yak Face—is starting to realize that our heroes are a serious problem.
- Maybe Yak Face is doing the evacuation code signal.
- One of the skiff guards tries a leg sweep karate move.
- Jabba's death is brutal as Leia gets her revenge on her captor. Leia gets serious street credibility in this scene.
- The arc of the original trilogy movies:
- First - slightly sophisticated.
- Second - more sophisticated.
- Third - totally goofy. Han's character follows this same arc.
- Mentioned: Mr Magoo.
- Skywalkers like to hit panels and choke people. Links between Jabba and the Skywalkers.
- The programming of medical droids in the Star Wars universe.
- Leia is very demeaned by Jabba.
- Carrie Fisher is physically choking the Jabba puppet as the puppet's tail wiggles backwards and forwards. On set, Carrie Fisher's high heels actally went through the puppet and stabbed the guy operating the tail when she stood on it.
- Why Bib Fortuna isn't protecting Jabba.
- Characters that survive the massive explosion on the Sail Barge.
- Hutt factoids:
- Hutts are all hermaphrodites (Editor's note: this is no longer canon).
- Baby Hutts are called Huttlets.
- Live to be 925 years old.
- The life span of other aliens in the Star Wars universe.
- If Jabba is called "Jabba the Hutt" this means that Dan should be called "Dan the Human" - which is weird.
- But it could be an epithet life "Jimmy the Greek".
- Salacious Crumb is like Gonzo the Muppet mixed with a Gremlin mixed with a bunch of other crazy stuff.
- The Blaxploitation film starring Salacious Crumb and Jabba.
- Is Salacious Crumb Jabba's pet?
Elliott did not see the movie in the theater (he was too young). He doesn't remember how old he was when he first saw the movie but he was still very young. He has always loved Salacious Crumb, Jabba the Hutt and this first part of this movie. He thinks that Salacious Crumb is like a Muppet that fell into a drum of acid and came out super evil.
- There are not many great villains in the Star Wars universe; Jabba the Hutt is one of the great villains.
- Is the Emperor a great villain or not? Many of the villains may also be Rebel spies.
- Support the Show.
- 24:08 podcast episode length.
- Under the Rainbow came out in 1981.
- In on-screen canon, Vader kills approximately 31 "Good Guys" and 21 "Bad Guys", not counting droids.
- The little person actor playing Jabba's tail will be back later in the movie.
- Elliott: The only safe way to wear a jet pack is to not wear a jet pack.
- Dan: <chuckles condescendingly> Oh Charlene— Elliott: Oh Honey, the things you don't know about Mandalorian space armor.
- Elliott: Why is that robot wearing cargo pants? Stuart:...sometimes that's how robots...wear their pants.
- Elliott: (as the Cryptkeeper) Life is the pits!
- Elliott: These people are a force to be reckoned with. Pete: A Force to be reckoned with.
- Alex: Another dead stuntman...
- Pete: I want to pop the question.
- Dan: (as the Emperor) Oh how I love to rule the universe with my evil!