Jedi Minute 3: Endicott
Jump to navigation Jump to search
January 7th, 2015
The shuttle captain makes contact with the Death Star.
Starts with the reveal of the awesome new armored space station - a.k.a. the new Death Star. Ends with shuttle ST-321 docking in said Death Star.
- The opening shot parallels the opening shot of Star Wars. The opening shots of the Prequels don't follow this approach.
- Pete is still on board with this movie at this point - it is very familiar.
- The Imperial Shuttle emerges from a secondary docking point. The TIE fighters emerge from the regular or main docking bay.
- How TIE fighters are stored when they are not flying.
- Darth Vader is not on the Execucisor. He's just on a regular Star Destroyer.
- This is the first minute in the movie with stuff going on.
- It starts with imperial officers - this movie is made for Pete.
- The two shuttle pilots - Yorr and Jenden - and the actors that played them.
- Yorr was supposed to have more lines but kept messing them up so they were just cut from the movie.
- Yorr and Jenden are talking to Officer Endicott. Endicott is played by a British actor that was 002 in the Bond movie "The Living Daylights".
- The characters are wearing standard Imperial uniforms although there are costume discrepancies between their ranks and insignia.
- Costume designers in the Original Trilogy.
- The shuttle is a new design, although it was added back to the prior movies in the special editions.
- Other spaceships in the Original Trilogy.
- The hosts like the design of the Imperial Shuttle and it looks very "80s".
- 321 is very close to the famous Star Wars number 327.
- Does ST stand for Star Trek?
- There is a lot of scaffolding around the new Death Star. The hosts think that it should have been even more under construction.
- There are glimpses of bright red elements in the new Death Star.
- 18:20 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad read for starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- After the end credits: Blooper ad-read for starwarsminute.com/amazon.
- Alex: So, no Superman people yet?