Jedi Minute 51: Lawful Dumb
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 16th, 2015
The commanders part, and there at the back stands Luke. Han and Leia are surprised and delighted.
- Starts with the Rebel briefing and General Nadine explaining the plan of landing on the moon of Endor.
- Ends with a very long panning shot of the hangar.
- New ships: A-wings, B-wings, and Imperial Shuttle.
- Doug is a trifecta member of the podcast. He did one minute of The Empire Strikes Back - ESB 114.
- Wedge and Nien Nunb are standing by silently. Nien Nunb's name is not Nub Nub.
- Han Solo has been promoted to a General; being locked in carbonite didn't hurt his career.
- The promotion process in the Rebellion and how it works. What being awarded a medal means.
- Han Solo is in a great mood—maybe the term "General" is just an honorary thing.
- A murmur goes through the crowd at the mention of attacking a building—as opposed to when they are told that they have to attack ANOTHER Death Star.
- The attack is about to start and Han still hasn't assembled his team or formulated a plan.
- Luke Skywalker makes an appearance so the meeting ends and everyone leaves.
- Luke constantly telling everyone about his victories.
- Harrison Ford trying to do goofy comedy. Is he phoning it in or just not interested?
- The roles of Han Solo and Indiana Jones.
- Return of the Jedi was Harrison's Ford last "pre-fame" commitment. He had to do it before moving on with his career.
- Chris Pratt as the rebooted Indiana Jones. How this franchise would be rebooted and all the actors that have played the role of Indiana Jones.
- The problems with rebooting old franchises and how Star Wars is going to get around this by just continuing / building on the existing stories.
- Shia LaBeouf and how he is viewed in popular culture—especially for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Chris Pratt and his various roles including Jurassic Park.
- Is that Nien Nunb or Ten Numb standing there?
- Harrison Ford acting against characters in costumes, masks and strange outfits.
- In an early draft of Return of the Jedi Leia was going to lead the landing party but then handed this responsibility over to Chewbacca—with Han just going along reluctantly.
- Han is riding high at this point—he's got a new best friend, a girl and he's a General.
- Harrison Ford may have been in a chemically-influenced good mood on this day of shooting (with Carrie Fisher's help).
- How much Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are in the new movie (Episode VII) and what they'll be doing in the movie.
- Referenced: The Princess Bride.
- There is a very nice matte painting of the hangar.
- Leia uses the Force to detect that something is different with Luke. Why couldn't Luke just tell her that they are brother and sister in front of everyone. Maybe she's not using the Force and is just using her sisterly instinct instead.
- Pete's theory that Luke and Leia are not actually brother and sister and Ben just agreed with Luke to protect his real sister.
- Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.
- Referenced: the Twilight series.
- Support the Show.
- 18:27 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - starwarsminute.com/amazon; Amazon.
- Apparently the Sullustan pilot standing next to Wedge is actually Ten Numb.
- Sadly, Jeff Goldblum did not appear in Jurassic World, but had a small role in the sequel.
- Alex: I thought you were going to say something about Indiana Pratt.
- Pete: A groovy seventy guy.
- Alex: Team Edward, and... The other one. Pete: Norton.
- Doug: I'll come back and watch another minute, yeah. Are you kidding me? Let's do another one.