Jedi Minute 54: Sim Aloo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 19th, 2015
Vader bows, then turns and exits the throne room as the Emperor walks toward the waiting council members.
- Starts with the Emperor telling Vader to send the fleet to the far side of Endor.
- Ends with the shuttle asking for the deactivation of something.
- There are two new characters in the shot:
- They look like extras from the movie Tron. They are supposed to be like bishops.
- They are Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus.
- Doug continues his streak of plugging a different project every day this week.
- Referenced: "The Far Side".
- Ian McDiarmid really "chews the scenery" when playing the Emperor.
- Both the Emperor and Yoda carry "magical" sticks.
- The quality of the Emperor as a character. Vader should have been the main bad guy.
- Mentioned: Guardians of the Galaxy.
- The lighting and filming of the Emperor.
- Sim Aloo is played by actor Anthony Lang who is also credited on IMDB as playing BoShek - but the hosts think that this is not the case.
- There was an action figure of Sim Aloo in the original run.
Doug had some Star Wars toys but was never a collector.
- Working action figures from different franchises - e.g. M*A*S*H - into the one story.
Doug remembers Radar O'Reilly in M*A*S*H saying that Colonel Blake was dead. This was one of the saddest moments of Doug's life. It took the show to the next level.
- The concept of a M*A*S*H Minute Podcast. M*A*S*H got really bad towards the end and the finale is not good.
- Back to Return of the Jedi - the rebel fleet is massing near Sullust.
- Nien Numb is from Sullust.
- Sullust is used in books, video games etc. but there is no agreement on what type of planet it is.
- The Star Tours attraction at Disneyland. It is a great ride.
- While you're waiting for the Star Tours ride there is talk about all the departures to, and arrivals from, different Star Wars locations.
- All of the robots on Star Tours are voiced by Paul Reubens so they sound like Pee-wee Herman.
- Recent changes to the ride including C-3PO being the main character.
- Apart from the C-3PO change it is a much better ride now with many different story variations.
- The best part is Darth Vader holding the spaceship up and moving it around. Darth Vader also has a floating space Segway.
- There is also a version with Jar Jar taking you underwater.
- A Live Star Tours Minute podcast.
- Back to Return of the Jedi again - there is more Moff Jerjerrod in the background.
- Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus are just advisers and dignitaries.
- The Emperor basically tells Vader to go and wait in the car. Vader doesn't seem to have much to do at this stage.
- There is a lot of unnecessary exposition this week's minutes of the movie. A lot of the plot lines were deleted which means most of this isn't relevant.
- What is Chewbacca actually saying to Han? It's difficult to tell given Han's response.
- Maybe Han means that they should give up on the whole "Rebellion thing" when he talks about turning around and getting out of here.
- Did the Emperor purposely leak the Death Star plans to make the Rebels attack it or were the plans genuinely stolen and the Emperor just used this to his advantage?
- The Emperor does make complicated plans so anything is possible.
- Support the Show.
- 20:15 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: Ad-read - starwarsminute.com/audible; Audible.
- Mentioned: People hate toy talk.
- The guys do eventually go on the Star Tours and podcast about it, but they were unable to record from the ride itself.
- Doug: <Impersonation of the Emperor not saying distinct words.>