Jedi Minute 55: Mostly Brown
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 20th, 2015
Chewie barks his worries as the Super Star Destroyer grows larger out the window.
- Starts with Han requesting deactivation of the energy shield around the Moon of Endor.
- Ends with Admiral Piett about to clear the shuttle.
- Doug has managed to plug 5 different projects on 5 different days.
- What is the energy shield and how does it work? Does it protect the whole moon / planet.
- Admiral Piett wasn't going to be in the movie but then Lucas and the actor agreed that he should be. Lucas then wrote Piett's dialogue on the set during filming.
- It was good to see Piett again.
- Has no one in the Empire ever heard Han Solo speak in his normal voice? Surely Darth Vader has back on Cloud City.
- Maybe Darth Vader realizes that it is Han and Luke and just lets them go as part of the bigger plan.
- The shuttle crew need to be careful to ensure that they don't leave the mic open to the Empire when they are just chatting.
- The quality of the "fly casual" line and delivery. The line was definitely dubbed, as was 80% of the dialogue in the movie due to noise on the set.
- Comical sound effects added to a "musicless" Britney Spears music video.
- Star Wars parody movies.
- Everyone in this movie knows what everyone else is doing, except for Leia. More evidence that she doesn't have the Force and is not Luke's sister.
- Pete imagines a different movie in which Vader and Luke sense each other and then just fly out of their spaceships and have a fight in space. Sure, it would be a completely different movie but it would be cool. A lightsaber duel in space!
- Referenced: Superman IV
- Vader's costume is a life support system for space so he could have done it.
- Vader is micro-managing his officers.
- Han's "fly casual" line is too jokey but is not funny.
- Humor in Star Wars was previously plot or scene-based. They're now trying to make it dialogue based and it doesn't work as well.
- Also, the line should be "fly casual-LY".
- There should be a laugh-track in this movie. The list of SWM changes to be made to the movie now is:
- Subtitles for R2-D2 and Chewbacca.
- Photoshop in all the dead Jedi on Dagobah.
- Laugh track for all of Han's lines - Editor's note: classic listener project.
- The difference between the jokes in Empire versus Jedi. Something went wrong in Jedi.
- Harrison Ford's acting in Return of the Jedi. He's now the "funny character".
- Watching the movie one minute at a time seems to really wear the podcast guests down.
- What the moon of Endor actually looks like.
- Leia is already wearing camouflage but why isn't anyone else? Leia's camouflage gear is very stylish.
- Endor at ground level is mostly brown so Leia's camouflage would have been ineffective anyway.
- Making movies with people wearing camouflage.
- Doug can't decide if he does or doesn't want to watch the movie in full again.
- Doug is still angry about the Ewoks, all these years later.
- Thanks to, and from, Doug for a fun week.
- Plug for douglovesmovies.com.
- Support the Show.
- 17:39 podcast episode length.
- Cold-open: 8-DAY-GREEDO call from Reed in Nashville regarding what Chewbacca is saying to Han in the shuttle cockpit to prompt Han's "fly casual" response.
- Referenced: "Mad Men".
- Reed is a frequent hotline caller.
- The gang also had questions about the energy shield that protected Echo base on Hoth when they covered Empire.
- Like many Listener Projects, Pete ended up making his own laugh track version of this scene.
- According to Wookieepedia, Endor has forest, savannas, and mountains.
- Pete: Any of these past week's minutes could have been replaced with a zero-gravity [lightsaber] battle...
- Doug: Watching these minutes has been a bit of an eye-opener. Alex: The opposite. Doug: Right; watching these minutes has been a bit of an eye-closer.