Jedi Minute 61: Bike Safety
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Previous Minute||Next Minute→|
March 30th, 2015
Luke rises from the undergrowth as the scout bears down on him and opens fire with his laser cannon. Guest commentator: Josh Flanagan
- The tail end of the speeder chase.
- Starts with a scout trooper looking back to watch Leia's speeder crash, and ends with a trooper crashing against a tree and getting vaporized.
- Luke and the scout trooper rounding the corner is a really cool shot.
- Luke has cold killer eyes at the end of this scene.
- Josh is a returning champion on the show - a "fourfecta" guest.
- Biker scout 101: eyes forward!
- Callback to Friday's minute: there is no autopilot on the speeder bikes.
- Speeder bike toy talk.
- Mentioned: the S.T.A.P toy, Ric Olié.
- The speeder bike chase is like the trench run but with obstacles.
- No rear view mirrors. Maybe the cool kid scout troopers remove theirs.
- Leia passing out is funny.
- Luke and the trooper are being quite casual in their fight.
- They have deadly weapons but they don't really use them.
- Referenced: Grease.
- Silent movie-style acting from Mark Hamill.
- Why does the scout trooper come back around after Luke falls off? Bonus points.
- The movie finds ways to keep Luke from straight up murdering the trooper.
- Bike Safety: did the movie makers have the characters wear helmets so kids wouldn't ride their bikes helmetless?
- More bad rear projection.
- Referenced: Frank Drebin from "Police Squad!" and the Naked Gun films.
- Early CGI in movies and music videos.
- The SWM crew will be going to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim recording two live minutes.
- Josh will be back tomorrow.
19:17 podcast episode length.
- Ad-read: plug for Dodd Skalle Investigations Vol. 1: The Simian Case on Indiegogo by future guest of the show John Ingle.
- This ad will air a couple more times this movie.
- Editor's note: we know that dinosaurs did not hover because we have their fossilized footprints, meaning that their feet did in fact touch the ground.
- Pete: Did you say Logray narcoleptics?
- Alex and then Pete: the throbbing guns.
- Josh: (as a scout trooper) <sullenly> I didn't want to be in the scout troopers; I hate forest moons.